Saturday, July 10, 2021

Not As Hard

 

Am listening to number 100 of this 9 plus hour program as described.

The piece, which was bested by 99 other classics, is the famous piece from Handel's "Water Music" I think it's called "The Hornpipe."

I don't recognize #99...

9 plus hours of classical music. Am I just postponing the inevitable going back out to busk "every" night?

My mind was always good at creating an interest in elaborate projects right as some undesirable task was looming; like going back to school after a summer vacation. One week before school was about to start would be when I really wished I had back a few weeks of the vacation, because I would really want to start building a huge model of a battleship, or an oil painting. I was sure that, if the summer vacation were somehow extended (a pandemic, maybe?) I would be assiduously at work on the oil painting, utilizing the time wisely and efficiently.

So, now, instead of getting to work on the list of songs that I will have copied and laminated and bring to the Lilly Pad with me each night, I am interested in hearing 9 hours of classical music.

The Takamine acoustic is playing better than ever, after I lowered the bone nut saddle -the one that Bobby had put on the thing about a year ago. It was giving me that sought after "bone" tone, I suppose. But Bobby didn't shave the height down enough, making the guitar hard to play in the open string position.

Now it is easier to play. And, I have a brand new Hohner "MS Big River" harmonica, one that has gotten a lot of honorable mentions in videos focused upon 50 dollar harmonicas. The Big River is a 30 dollar one, but I've heard a lot of "not bad"s about it in passing, in those "harmonica reviews" videos.

I might get around to ordering the in-line preamp to see if it will indeed boost the headset microphone's signal so I can plug it into the Yamaha portable amp. At that point, I will be ready to go out and busk for the first time in over a year...weird to think about that.

I know I stayed in better shape playing-wise when I was playing very hard for 180 minutes, or so, as opposed to from the maybe 4 hours a day I am now doing, but not with a group of people around me, and so not as hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.