Monday, September 27, 2021

The Sun Has Set

 The saga continues with the bike locks. The second one got caught between the spokes which pulverized it, sending the little plastic pieces in every direction.

This was because I had the lock in the opened position. In that position it is possible to open the lock, so you can make your own combination. It must have hit the spoke just right; I still think it is a freak accident and now I am just going to get a key lock and just carry the key on my ring, which I never leave home without after locking the door behind me.

So, now the sum of money spent on bike locks will be equal to me having just gotten a really good U shaped lock in the first place.

But, when I returned to the scene to look for pieces of the lock is when I found a whole box of meals ready to eat.

And, Sunday morning, when I went to buy 2 Guiness Stouts at nine in the morning on church day, I bought a large can of Bush beer for Freddie.

He is the guy who smeared black greasy handprints on the wall just inside my apartment one day when I had left my door propped open while I took the trash out.

He also asked me to pick him up the same beer a couple months ago, saying "I'll pay you," and then just taking the beer and not paying me. 

I hadn't confronted him, just walked away thinking that I would have the last laugh by being able to say: "You never paid me back for that one beer 2 months ago," or something and would have insurance against Freddie beer for the rest of my life.

But, practicing The Secret and that do not go together, and I just bought Freddie a cold large can of Bush, and handed it to him as I walked in the building.

There were a couple pairs of brand new jeans on the table, with the labels still on them and one was a pair in my exact size.

Life in abundance...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.