Saturday, September 11, 2021

Why Am I Procrastinating?

 ...over calling the toll free number and giving them some information and then getting a thousand dollars from FEMA?

Every one of us who were mandated to leave our dwellings are "entitled" to it. To cover the food in our freezers that we lost, and compensate us for the inconvenience. I haven't been able to practice on my piano for 3 weeks; and I'm thinking of suing the state over that; for psychological abuse and setting my musical career back irreparably.

Bobby called them 2 days ago and gave them his bank account number, routing number and then identified himself by answering a few questions. I guess his favorite city is Alexandria. I could only hear his end of the conversation, but I heard him say that, so I figured it was the "favorite city" question that is used for those purposes.

These FEMA people also have access to other particular personal information and the lady on the other end mentioned a series of addresses and asked him if he had ever lived there, or worked there. Most of the answers were "no" from him, so I guess it is an attempt to trip up a fraudulent person, who might have hacked his numbers and his favorite city, but who might not know which apartment he stayed in in Baton Rouge 22 years ago. I'm guessing they have public records like utility bills or maybe former addresses listed on former licenses.

He only had to hold for less than ten minutes and the whole call lasted maybe twenty minutes. The next day the thousand dollars was in his account.

I could do the same, and today is the last day. Why haven't I done it yet? Do I miss busking so much, and see the thousand dollars as something that will postpone my return to it, so I am going to let it slip my mind until it is too late, and will be back out on Bourbon Street in no time?

That's really insane, because I could get the money and still go out and busk. What if it is miserably slow out there. I don't think that is the case because, according to one guy, people are tipping like crazy out there...

I have to log off the internet so I can use my phone to call them. I'm using it for the hotspot connection. And I am avoiding it out of fear of something going wrong, like my numbers not being in the system. This must be one of the roots of procrastinating behavior.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.