Monday, October 18, 2021

Still Locked Down In My Mind

 That is the working title of the song that I worked on, so late into the morning, so as to have overslept the airing of Jeopardy.


I woke up at 12:30 p.m,. and was in the kind of depressed state of mind, where part of my mind was daring me to just scrap the idea of thinking of 3 things to be happy and grateful about; and then to actually bring myself to feeling joy over it all.

That part of the brain was saying, "Why don't you think about how messed up everything is and imagine that your life is just going to get worse and worse..."

But, the 3 things were lame, like I had a new nicotine vape, Harold the cat's skin is getting better, and I can't remember the third thing.

The song will have a line about how they are hiring; and in the video I will be in front of some business with a "now hiring" sign.

The next line will be something like "They are firing..." and the camera will pan to the vaccine sign...

And then the chorus is "I'm still locked down, in my mind.." and then I don't know, the video will become pretty random at that point...

Curtailing YouBoob Watching

In other news, I have finally gathered that there are a lot of websites and organizations that are the online equivalents to the "tabloid" papers like The National Enquirer and The Weekly World News type of publications.

I had a roommate, back in 1989, who was a biology major, who had actually had some of his articles published in tabloid papers, who prefaced his ridiculous "news" with "according to our source," which absolved the publication from any liability, etc. The could basically publish anything by prefacing it with that...

So, if my roommate got some kind of aberration in a photograph he took, some kind of glow or shadow, then he might become the "Man Visited by Ghost Of Abraham Lincoln Nightly" that everyone would be reading about in The Globe, as he pocketed something like 90 dollars for his submission.

According to me, he really did that. Keep your eyes open for a potato that looks like the devil, people...there's money to be made that can then be bet on football...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.