Friday, December 17, 2021

A 206

Now, whenever I want, I can knock on the door of A 206 and the guy who lives there will offer me booze and weed, and want to jam on acoustic guitars, in an apartment where I feel oddly liberated from inhibitions surrounding the disturbing of neighbors. Below him lives Carlos, who often plays loud music himself and so, is in no position to protest about others doing the same.

I originally thought that I would be bored, given the skill level of this guy, whose name I haven't gotten yet, but instead, I find that I am free to play anything I want; from my subconscious mind.

The guy is, on the surface, a retard. He reminds me of another resident here who admits to having eaten LSD like candy throughout a great portion of his life. But, that is not a knock on him, for it is believed by many, to include the late great Timothy Leary, that what LSD burns out of the brain, was holding your spiritual evolution back, and you are better off without that energy.

I agree, and I have found a friend in, whatever his name is, in A 206.

I just returned to my apartment after jamming with him for about 2 hours, during which I recalled a bunch of songs that had been lost to me.

I remembered some "classic" rock songs that I might have played nightly 20 years ago, but which the stresses of daily life and the primal urges of fight or flight and survival type stuff had pushed out of my mind, I guess.

I have a chance to truly relax when I am up there playing stuff that garners instant approval, and recognition, from the guy who actually makes up in enthusiasm for any lack of technical skill on the guitar. He has a lot of fun trying to play along; and I like the fact that his room just seems like you can be as loud as possible without disturbing anyone. My room used to be in the chapel, back when Sacred Heart Apartments was a school; whereas his room was probably a noisy classroom.

Plus, he has something like 4 guitars and one of them -a miniature one- I found very easy to play, as if it was a toy...even though it is a real instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.