Monday, March 7, 2022

2 Days Free Of Depression

 It's down to the tap water or the nuts.

After having been blindsided by a depression a couple days ago; I did my best to fight my way out of it. The only thing I had done differently the previous day was using tap water in my coffee and kratom, and oatmeal.

Thankfully I was able to get through 4 rounds of Wim Hof's deep breathing exercises, although that was a struggle. I had to fight through thoughts of "this isn't helping," "I have too much food in my stomach," "my lungs are a bit congested, maybe I'm coming down with a cold, maybe I should stop; maybe I should instead sit here doing nothing but thinking the thoughts that are making me feel depressed," etc.

Then, after busking Saturday night, I picked up a few bags of assorted mixed nuts and wound up eating a lot of them after I had gotten home; I also got some alkaline water which I started using for everything.

The next morning, I woke up not only not depressed, but in an upbeat mood. This makes me wonder about the tap water. Maybe it is very clean, despite the 40 year old pipes that it runs through once it gets to our building, but maybe they put chlorine and fluoride and whatever in it.

I have generally used only bottled water since moving here, but there have been periods when I've run out of that and used the tap water. And there have been periods when I have felt pretty depressed, usually upon waking up. I've never been able to draw a direct correlation between that and the tap water, though.

It's also possible that, since my multivitamins ran out about a month ago, my body had become depleted of some mineral or micro nutrient found only in the skin of the Brazil nut, or the filbert...


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.