Tuesday, March 29, 2022

What Else Would You Expect From Such A Diverse Bunch Of People?

The last time I set foot in a movie theater was in 1996.

At that time, I owned a little black and white TV that had, I think it was, a 5 inch screen. I would only turn that thing on once a day, at 11:30 p.m. to watch the Letterman Show, a ritual that included sparking up a joint as the opening theme music played.

I would snap the thing off immediately after Letterman, and before the news came on, By the time the musical guest came on to end the show, I was appropriately baked off the joint to get maximum enjoyment out of the guest, and that would prime me to go from TV watching to music recording in my home studio in the trailer where I lived.

Without watching TV, or reading newspapers, and by using my car's stereo only to play cassettes of the Grateful Dead, or my own stuff that I did in the studio and wanted to give the car stereo test to, I became literally one of those people who couldn't name the current president over the course of a couple decades. I knew about Bill Clinton, because he had gone on Letterman and played his saxophone.

Living in my car, and in dwellings that I built out in the woods, kept me pretty much insulated from whatever was the "culture" of the times.

I could sense the changes in that, and assumed it was being driven by movies and TV.

But, I guess my point is that I had very little idea who "Will Smith" was when I saw all the coverage of him slapping Chris Rock (whom I had never seen before) across the face during the Oscars show.

Chris Rock committed the cardinal sin of making fun of someone in the audience based on something they couldn't control.

I can't remember which comedian once said, probably on Letterman, that if there were any rules that should be followed in comedy, one basic one was that you should stick to making fun of things that people have control over, such as the clothes they are wearing, their hair style, their behavior, and even their obesity if that is the case; because that is something they brought upon themselves, and thus, could change if they wanted to. To keep comics from saying things like you are so fat that when you sit around the house, you really sit around the house, or that the city has given you your own zip code, etc...

So, Chris Rock might have made the mistake of thinking that Smith's wife had chosen to shave her head, the way Sinead O' Connor had once done, rather than it being due to a disease that she has no control over (or is ignorant of the relationship between the mainstream diet, pushed by the beef and dairy cartel in cahoots with Big Pharma).

So, his joke was truly hurtful and deserving of some rebuke.

But then seeing Smith go up on stage and slap him (what would he have done if it was Andrew Dice Clay or some other comedian more his size?) made me just shake my head.

The voice of Clawsen Smith (probably no relation) whom I used to work for and who was a member of the KKK, at least in spirit, spoke up in my head.

"N*****s can't control their emotions," Clawsen would say, and then would underscore his statement as Will Smith broke down into tears while trying to defend his action.

I just hope this is the swan song of Hollywood -one last desperate cry for attention, from the Oscars show, which has seen it viewership slip something like 75% over the past decade or so. That's a lot of little black and white TV's with 5 inch screens not being tuned in.

Ben Shapiro said on his podcast that none of the half dozen movies nominated for best picture this year were remarkable at all.

So the woke, virtue signalling event wound up as fodder for white supremacist talking points. What else would you expect from such a "diverse" bunch of people?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.