Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Here It Is; Exactly 9:12 p.m. Again

I'm still feeling the tug from the playing spot; and happened to glance at the clock to see that it was 9:12 p.m., the time of the trolley that I used to ride down there 6 nights a week.


And, I would feel guilty about taking that Monday night off. Now, look at me; making excuses for not going out: "I'm on the 5th day of a juice and water fast; I need to take it easy; this is a time of restoration and regrouping; cleansing both inside and out, etc..."

I am starting to change my perspective on things, though. That could just be the result of being substance free for 5 days, though.

I've promised myself I won't go back out until I have at least one brand new song to do. I've also gotten some alphabetic indexes that will go in a spiral binder; so I can keep track of the 500 or so songs that I have done in my life; of which I can only seem to think of less than 25 of, on a given night.

This is partly because I'm only thinking in keys that suit the C major harmonica or the D major one. This is kind of limiting. But there is more than one way to skin a cat. By moving the capo around on the neck, I could potentially do any song in a key that fits the harmonicas; given that I now know how to play in 4 positions on each one. That at least gives me 8 out of 12 keys. And C sharp, F sharp, D flat and A flat, I hardly ever played in, anyways...

I'm off to get juice to keep the cleanse going.

I have an appointment for next Monday to have a tooth pulled. The dentist was talking about me "saving" a lot of teeth and only having to wear a partial denture which, I guess would cover the "smiling" teeth that I imagine society is most concerned about. I don't think I ever smile hard enough so that my teeth show; but that's where that stands.

I'm thinking of starting a GofundMe page with a picture of me smiling with my bad teeth; to see if anyone would give me money, so they could look forward to seeing me with my recently purchased smile, and feel like they had a part in it.

I imagine the success of that plan would lie in how well I marketed the thing...

It's almost 10 and I'm thirsting for alkaline water...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.