Monday, May 16, 2022

4 Capsules Of Valerian Root

I'm trying to restore balance after having binged on a whole pizza and a whole box of Poptarts® after finding the replacement food stamp card in my mailbox on Friday, after a whole week without it had gone by.


I had taken the opportunity to do kind of a week long fast, and felt amazingly well by the time Friday arrived. The Wim Hof breathing exercises were like out of body experiences once I had achieved the "empty stomach" upon which he recommends doing them. My breath holds (where you lay there motionless with no air in your lungs) were up to 3 minutes and 24 seconds.

But then on Friday, the new card came with $347 on it, and I grabbed an Andy Gator IPA® ale on my way to the Family Dollar, where the combination of feeling so healthy as to be bullet-proof, along with having so much extra money on my card so as to not have to sweat the cost of it, lead me to say "screw it," and I grabbed a DiGiorno Stuffed Crust® pizza from the freezer, along with the box of Poptarts, as if the world might end that night, and so I was going to stuff my face one last time before it did.

But, by the time Saturday night rolled around and it was time to go out and busk, I had a crick in my back as if the muscles around my spine were cramped up -something that vodka used to do to me; so I suspect the grain in the pizza as being the culprit- and after Jacob and I did some psychedelics and went out to play, I found that I was just having a bad night, music-wise, and the one dollar bills that were the only things that found their way into the tip jar seemed to be confirmation of that.

My strings were old, and I felt derelict for not having replaced them when I had the means to, and one of my harmonicas had a note become stuck on it; and I blamed myself for playing it while sipping on a Monster Zero® drink, which doesn't have any sugar in it to gum up the inside of a harmonica, but probably has something else in it.

I just had the impression that I had gone out there very unprepared. It became a struggle to even set up the equipment once the acid kicked in and the tourists walking past began to resemble fish swimming by, and everything we played kind of sounded like cartoon music. Out of tune cartoon music...

I suppose I learned the lesson for about the dozenth time that, even if I feel great, eating the forbidden foods on my list of them always come with consequences.

The sun is about to come up and I was going to go to Rouses and get some prune juice, along with some apple juice and alkaline water; but the 4 capsules of Valerian root that I took, trying to put my sleep cycle back in sync with the sun, are already making me drowsy.

Last night there was a total lunar eclipse; so, what better excuse for starting over, with a fast and cleanse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.