Saturday, June 18, 2022

Ain't No Time To Wonder Why

 

This is what my turf looks like, as I sit here on my couch.

I went all the way out to the plasma place to learn that they close earlier on Saturday's than Monday thru Friday...

Putting a positive spin on that, I figured it might be God's way of steering me back towards busking as a sole source of income.

The plasma donation is at odds with the cleansing and intermittent fasting that I feel is necessary to keep my mind from being polluted by stuff that can be found in foods.

I bought a bunch of vegetables at the Ideal Market and ran them through my juicer, but then discovered that the resulting delicious vegetable drinks were triggering eczema. That has got to be due to some pesticide or chemical fertilizer; a prime example of how some things ostensibly healthy can actually be just as bad as some other processed stuff. That has to be why a lot of health experts insist that people pay way more for "organic" vegetables.

But, I hesitate to donate 675 milliliters of my blood plasma after not having eaten in more than 3 days; which means that I'm eating a huge burger, fried in avocado oil with kale juice on the night before going to donate; when that might not necessarily be "what the doctor ordered."

It's 10:30 and I'm just going to go out and play the best I can.

As soon as I got home after spending my last dime on the bus fare to the plasma place and started to feel the pressure to go out and make at least that amount; I checked my mailbox and found a letter from the Nielson Ratings people, with 2 crisp one dollar bills in it....

So, I could roll the dice and buy 2 shots of brandy before starting to play. My odds of making at least the 2 bucks back will be increased by the looseness that the alcohol might provide. But, I had better get moving, regardless...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.