Sunday, October 2, 2022

My Spirit Guides

Still On Foot

I walked down to Patrick's house in perfect weather; not a cloud in the sky, about 69 degrees and no wind at all.


I had some time to wonder why I had never asked the guy for his phone number. That way, I might have called and saved myself some walking.

After I got there and saw his electric tricycle in front of the house, meaning he was most likely home, there was no response to me knocking, meaning he was either in the shower, passed out or dead.

I killed some time walking around picking up some tobacco, then returned to knock again, in case it had been the shower scenario.

I wouldn't be returning to Sacred Heart on the bike this day, as there was still no answer, and I was in a hurry to make it back home for the start of the Patriot's game. I stopped at the Ideal Market and bought 2 mangoes and a papaya, along with a gallon of water, all of which came to about 16 bucks.

Then I returned home, hoping to log one full day of not drinking, supposing myself to be using a one day at a time strategy in order to take back control of my life. Stuff had started to pile up on me, and a couple days of juice fasting is in order to boost my mental energy. The videos I've been watching on the subject of literature has got me eying my bookshelves, wanting to read some of the books that I own which are ranked amongst the greatest ever written, at least by Benjamin McEvoy (top photo).

I'm going to want to clean the apartment thoroughly as I cleanse my body and mind, so I will have the patience and concentration required for focusing upon great literature. 

I imagine my appreciation for great music, along with my facility at composing will get a boost likewise. 

As much as jamming with Jr on vodka and weed might count, to some degree, as "practicing," falling asleep with my sneakers still on, and then having to get up at some point to turn off lights, and stop the laptop from auto-playing Youtube videos is not a lifestyle that is up to my standards. 

From those to whom a lot has been given, a lot is expected in return. A creative drive is both a blessing and a curse. Unfinished symphonies are a bummer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.