Tuesday, December 20, 2022

The Power Of Melissa Manchester

I'm passing up reading: "Ted Bundy's Only Living Victim Tells Her Story," which has been suggested to me on the front page of my Firefox browser -a good compliment to the holiday Spirit.
These recommendations are most probably generated by an algorithm, and I suppose my browsing habits could be being fed into the module, in order to come up with recommendations; things to look at before even going to whatever you opened the browser to look at, originally, if that was anything specific.
I had just been thinking about how, when we were growing up, 8th graders picked on 7th graders at a more merciless level than that which existed throughout my entire schooling. For example, while being terrorized by a lot of 8th graders, when in 7th grade, it wasn't like I wanted to do the same to the 6th graders below me.
I was wondering if this meant that some proclivity for violence matures in human males around the age at which they are in 8th grade.
Other things took the form of "hazing" such as between high school Seniors, and their Juniors below them, but it wasn't as much based on physical mis-matchings between individuals, but rather groups of Seniors imposing themselves upon outnumbered Juniors, mostly trying to humiliate and embarrass, but not beat up.
Anyways, that is what I was just wondering about; and I decided to put up a post. The present moment is good; it is much colder outside than it is inside, and so that is the simple pleasure sufficient for the evening...
Listening to 70's music which has stirred up memories of those years mentioned above is to blame for those thoughts coming around, I suspect.
I listened to Melissa Manchester's "You Should Hear (how she talks about you)" on the "oldies" station, and that did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.