Thursday, February 23, 2023

Deus Ex Machina

Today is a pretty huge day; I still have a lot of the plasma money from yesterday; and so I'm thinking I'll go get a 3 ounce bag of kratom. This will actually help me to accomplish the next task, which is to visit the food stamp office. I had let maybe 4 days go by without having looked in my mailbox. I really wasn't expecting anything; the mailbox has been pretty quiet for almost the past year; but when I did finally open it there was a letter from the food stamp people; saying that I had to complete and submit a document and, honest to God, this letter had arrived at least a day after this had to be done.
This happens about every year. And straightening it is so easy by showing up in person at their office; where a click of a mouse and the assurance that you will get your food the next month; is so easy; it must be that the real purpose of these letters being sent out; and the timing, is that they want to see everyone's face and that they are alive; and nobody is continuing to use the account and eat the food of, a deceased person.
There is something in the manner in which they nod after you identify yourself, as if to say; "OK, still alive, just checking..." 

I'll bring the water bottle that Jacob left behind yesterday along with me so, I can immediately mix up some kratom, right in front of the store before getting on my bike; hoping that someone will come along and ask: "What is that?" so I can tell them all about the plant that grows in Asia, is a relative to coffee, and about which you will never hear; such a good job of censoring and cancelling having been done that, only from another kratom user, in front of a store perhaps, will you find out that kratom makes a good substitute for some addictive opiates that, I guess, are highly profitable to whatever interests are behind the censoring of the information; and, in my personal experience; I think it works like the Ritalin that I was born about 10 years to early to have been put on in 3rd grade. I surely would have been given a Ritalin tablet (out of the candy dish type bowl of them on the teacher's desk) when I jumped up upon my desk and gave an impromtu arm pit fart performance while humming The Battle Hymn of the Rebublic, I think it was; at the very latest...

But, I remember Tyler, the 11 year old son of my only ever black girlfriend; would go from unable to stay in his seat and reportedly trying to exit the classroom through a window that opened upon the recess yard; to tranquilly sitting at his desk, staring as if hypnotized, at a sheet of paper upon which he was completing his schoolwork correctly and in neat penmanship. After being given "his" Ritalin out of a supply that the school had on hand for such a purpose. They would have to call the kid, whose about to climb out a window's, home to make sure that he wasn't already given his Ritalin at home -they didn't want to be double dosing the kid- but they already knew the answer to that in cases like Tyler. I could hear it in the voice of the school staff person who sounded apologetic over having had to disturb me with the phone call; when they knew Tyler well enough to be able to tell with certainty that he hadn't had his Ritalin one any given day..

The point being that, I guess since I'm not in pain and substituting kratom for some prescription "pain medication" (billed to my insurance) the effect upon me is to focus my thoughts and keep me interested in things for long periods of time (The longest post I've ever put here took something like 36 hours to write; I had a bag of kratom that time. It was a post about the "Lose It At The Lake," music festival; where I suffered one of my first public performance failings).

Jacob's Bottle

I can mix some of what water is left in Jacob's bottle with a few grams of  "green maeng da"(or red, if they are out of green) in front of the store; and that will help focus and keep me interested in seeing through to completion the trip to the food stamp office. Today is the last day I can do so; and I would have to rely upon busking money for all my food for a while should I not get this thing over with...

Then, when I get back maybe I can write about yesterday's "Deus Ex MaQuina" moment...I'm not sure if I spelled that right..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.