Tuesday, March 7, 2023

You Are Not Bad

This sounds like from around January of 2023, and on one of those magical nights when nobody yelled "Freebird!" during the performance. 

It's Tuesday and I am set to go and sell my plasma; first I might call Keshaun, whose number I have been given by Jacob about 5 weeks ago now, it seems..
Keshaun wants to do a video interview of me as a documentary. That is what his major is, as he is a college aged black guy who met Jacob through the First Baptist of Kenner church or some other way...

I had the flu-like thing for about 3 weeks before my lungs cleared back to the point of a moderate smoker's rather than a moderate smoker who can't hold down a puff of tobacco without being racked by a coughing fit...

Also, there were times when I was thinking Keshaun might ask "How about a little later on today we get together," when, at the time, I might have been on 2 hours of sleep over the past day...

They are still working out the bugs in the audio.com feature of the Audacity sound editor. I wasn't able to upload a photo to go along with the above song, although this time I was able to add a "category" and a "description." The bug probably has to do with the app being allowed access to the files on my laptop, or not.

What Daniel's Reading

I'm reading "The Human Stain," by Philip Roth. I bring a book with me to the plasma place and this is winding up being the only time I get to read, during this hectic existence..
I get a few minutes in while waiting for the street car, then about 8 more minutes while on the thing; then more time waiting for the #62 bus, and a full 40 minutes or so riding each way on that rickety old jalopy. I managed to finish "A Visit From The Good Squad," by Jennifer Egan that way; a book that I am actually going to read again because of her asynchronous way of plotting her stories, something that was a factor in her having won a Pulitzer Prize or something for that book.

I'll have to read it again because I kind of skimmed over some earlier sections because I didn't know that later on I would care about the characters being portrayed years before most of the action of the story is set...

I can see why Philip Roth is so highly regarded as a writer, and Jennifer Egan, for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.