Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Daytime Busking; Acclimating To The Heat; Patiently Accumulating One Dollar Bills

There is something to be said about tuning in to the Arcadian rhythm (or circadian, I forget which the earth is on) and going to sleep shortly after dark, then waking up shortly after sunrise. There is a stillness to the early morning that instills a sense of patience and a feeling that there is a whole day ahead -take your time sipping on a cup of coffee as the plans for the day ahead fall into place in the imagination, type of thing...

This is in contrast to waking up at 5 or 6 in the evening with most options having already gone by the wayside with the sole prospect of busking looming just a few hours into the future.

And that is how it stands on this Wednesday morning, after I got up at around 6:45 then adjusted my Singing Bird clock that I had knocked off the wall the other night when the guitar case on my back hit it as I was squeezing between the couch and the wall that it's on. The Morning Dove is supposed to coo at 7, but the glass shattering fall to the floor, which had knocked the batteries out, had apparently knocked the Northern Cardinal into the 7 o' clock time slot. A few presses of the reset button on the back has restored sanity to the household -there's no such thing as an "Early Afternoon" dove, except maybe in "fantasy" novels...
 

I'm hoping I can play for a few hours during today's early afternoon, and come up with enough money for an ounce of kratom out of The Herb Shop in the Quarter; then resume busking, after moving from Lilly's stoop, a few feet over, to underneath the vine where I hang my downward pointing spotlight; so I can illuminate it right around the same time the street lamp posts light up; and keep playing, aided by the Ritalin-esque effect of kratom upon me (your experience may vary).

"Please Stop Or Stop"

This blog is unavailable to the 9 Billion, or whatever, citizens of China, according to a comment I received on the first post that I referred to kratom in. In fact the word still gets a red squiggly line put under it in this editor; as if it hasn't been allowed in the dictionary. The power of Big Pharma, when it comes to natural alternatives to their highly profitable opioids, extends to their being able to edit the dictionary of the English language. The comment I got on the post about kratom came written in Chinese, which Google Translate seemed struggle a bit with, rendering something like: This blog has been secretly banned by the Chinese government. Please stop or stop.

I think the last part is a poor translation of "cease and desist," which might explain the redundancy. I remember the employees at the kratom bar I used to go to having been forbidden to mention any of the medical benefits of the green powder; only being allowed to describe it as "a plant that grows in Asia that's related to the coffee plant," nothing further; at the risk of putting their business license in peril. The far reaching tentacles of that multi-billion dollar racket in action.

Anyways, it's 9:25 in the morning, and I've got a few chats coming in; I'd better check them before Big Tech decides to follow the CCP's lead and secretly ban me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.