Tuesday, May 16, 2023

And, Then Again, Were There Eggs, And Coenzyme Q-10


On this sunny Tuesday morning; I prepare to drift off to sleep using the guided meditation thing. I've probably used the thing 7 out of the last 10 days; which at least puts me in the running to receive some of the blessings that are promised if you use the video "for 30 days." There is an accumulative effect, I guess. And part of it is that the first few times you are analyzing the video itself, and thinking; basically. ..why does he use a voice with no inflection, right there; real flat sounding like the PA system at the airport..? type thing.

I have arranged my schedule so that I'm practicing a lot on the different instruments; and am starting to compile lists of songs. I did one yesterday based upon the "song of the month" for every month from like 1963 to the present. One thing I noticed was the downturn around the turn of the century when the song of almost each consecutive month wound up being some hip hop thing; with a few novelty fluff songs getting in there.

But I jotted stuff down with a pen; I was surprised at how many songs of the month that Katy Perry had; and how Madonna managed to remain consistent in her relevancy; scoring songs of the month in like, 1982 and also in 2022, type of thing.


That Bruno Mars guy kind of wears out his welcome on the running list...

And "Shakira" has got to be about the most famous artist that I've hardly heard of...

But I'm jotting down the names of songs I haven't played in 10 years, but used to do just about every night. They are all going on a poster board sized piece of white poster board which will get stuffed in the guitar case with the guitar, each night. I'm tired of forgetting I know songs like "Candle In The Wind," by Elton John, Now that I've learned to play each harmonica in at least 3 positions, I now have 6 keys to play in, using the 2 harps I have. And by using the capo on the guitar, I could theoretically play in any key. 

It's about time for the guided meditation thing to take me, in my mind, to a beautiful lush green pasture that is full of possibilities.

I can't figure out where this blessing of energy has come from, lately. I ate a dozen eggs over the course of the past 3 days. I fried them and used Irish Butter. Somehow I feel like I'm absorbing sunlight better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.