Monday, January 1, 2024

My Stripped Down Environment

I woke up for the first time in 2024,


and was in my stripped down environment, which I could ascertain the reality of by opening my eyes and scanning my surroundings.
The "decluttering," as promised by the author of the decluttering book, has returned positive results in the way of organizing my existence.

Before, I would wake up and then situate myself in front of my laptop, where I would succumb to the powers of suggestion and wind up retracing the previous day's  cyber journey and wind up clicking my way into what was threatening to become an habitual state of mind.

No Longer In That Rut

There was a literal rut in the couch cushion that was forming from me sitting in that same spot, day after carbon copy day.

My living room was cluttered with about 25 things that could only hope to attract about 4 percent of my attention each.

Now I wake up in the openness with a couch and 4 walls and immediately turn myself inward, fostering a feeling of gratitude, which is ironically "for everything I have," as I sit in the almost empty room.

So far this year I woke up with the idea of plugging my full sized USB keyboard into my Android phone, thinking that it would circumvent the "thumb typing" that had been my only method of blogging here using my phone, after the hot spot data runs out, typically half way through the month.

The encroachment of clutter...

I have already typed this in in about a third of the time it would have taken me with my thumbs -a great discovery made less than 8 hours into the new year!

The only thing I haven't been able to do is to add a photo and then to continue putting text in. Going to the editor, I see the photo displayed, but am unable to click in an area outside of it to resume typing...
But, I guess there are more ways than one to skin a cat...
I'm going to try to put a photo in now that the text is done. Done, except to add that I am about to run to the Brown Derby, where I should have a whole months worth of food money on my card, but where I might just get some juice in order to do a beginning of the year fast and cleanse.

$271 Friday Before Christmas

Yeah, and follow that with a $3 New Year's Eve, but more on that later, I guess.
The alternative to embarking upon the juice fast and cleanse would be to go and sell plasma. It seems like the 3 dollars I split with Jacob last night is earmarked as bus fare to go and do just that; and get the 40 bucks that I would have been satisfied with from last night's playing.
It's not like a couple people didn't come and smoke us up and one of them give us some magic mushrooms. Peace of mind: priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.