Monday, December 21, 2009

Bananna To Go With Stuffed Monkey


Saturday night, I played at the parking garge spot and made about $55.
The place was swarmed with people and I was playing "the right song in the right place, at the right time," to quote Chris, the recorder player.

Brandesqueing n. The act of adding to a street musicians tip jar,
only after seeing a substantial amount of money contained therein, and becoming
impelled by this sight to add to it.
Latin: brandis brandes
brandatomos: the tendency to follow a herd.

It was very nice to see the pile of money grow like a fire; from the twigs of the first few ones, to the roaring inferno, of about 25 bucks, which attracted more people, like moths to the vary same infermo. 25 soon turned into 55 as people began to appreciate my talent increasingly, noticing that others, who had come before them, had obviously done the same. I need to think of a name for this principle, a Snigglet (ala Rich Hall) perhaps.
Brandesqueing!
That will be my snigglet. Of course, it could have been because of the banana....
Banana Added to act.I decided to place a banana next to the stuffed beanbag monkey which I use to hold down my money. The premise is that people could think that someone apparently tipped the monkey a banana. Tourists seem to love it. I made 55 bucks Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like bottles that wash up with notes in them