Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ghost Town


I waited until the temperature was above 50 degrees, and then went into town and played upon the choicest spot, the one where Nick, the flute player has "established himself," (and will tell any musician whom he finds there, so.) He wasn't there, so I played. There were no other musicians out.

The forecast of the tobacco store guy has been correct; it has been a ghost town since the 1st of the year. Adding to that fact the cold temperatures; there haven't been any musicians out, trying to get tips from the 12 tourists, trundling about; except me. I made 3 bucks, and feel good about that.

Karrie, of course, came up with a fifth of liqour last night. She arrived with it as the fire was roaring and I was listening to Monday Night Football, which, in this case, was a college game between Boise St. and TCU.

This morning, our ritual was perpetuated. She went to get water and do the dishes. Taking a long time to get back and me having the knowledge that she knew that I had only made a dollar the previous night, I wasn't surprised to see her carrying a 12 pack of beer, along with the water.
The early panhandler gets the worm...
The forecast is for a warming trend. The weekend is also coming and I will try to maximize the playing during that time, especially while my strings are still new and bright sounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.