Saturday, July 3, 2010

There Is A Space Between "Craw," and "Fish"

It is Saturday.
I woke up with $9.45.
I drank about, oh, 5 bucks worth of beer yesterday, so, think about how rich I could be!
Return Engagement At Hotel
They want me to play at the hotel tonight at 5pm. That should pay the same 30 dollars; a windfall for a street musician who got one 5 dollar tip last night in 3 hours of playing, to put him at about 15 bucks for the night...
Flying Pig
Before here, I was at breakfast at 15 Place. A woman there, who had spent all of her money, which she gets from the government to compensate her for being "mentally ill," allegedly on crack cocaine last night; threw her coffee on the ground, and then began throwing her food at everyone within her range. Her sandwich, eggs, and grits (which hard to aim accurately) all became projectiles, and nobody had amnesty. Someone had called her a "crack whore," provoking the attack. A piece of ham from out of the sandwich missed me by a mere 4 feet.
That was this morning's dining experience.
Invitation To Play Craw fish Place
Last night ended with myself being attracted to a restaurant which sells a lot of craw fish, by the voice of a young black lady, who was singing a Nora Jones song. I stood a few feet from her, listening. The manager, Chrissy, came over to me, during the singer's break and said that she had been trying to catch up with me about playing in the restaurant which sells a lot of craw fish. She had heard me on the street, she said, though she motioned towards a spot where I have never played, as she said this...
Go To New Orleans!
Before that, I had been playing pretty well at my acoustically sound spot. I may have made about 15 bucks. I drank 5 of it. One of my tips was a pack of cigarettes. One of my compliments came from a young lady, who came over and put her hand on my shoulder and said "GO TO NEW ORLEANS, YOU'LL MAKE MONEY; YOU'RE NOT MAKING IT HERE, RIGHT?"
She was "right."
First, I will wait upon my ID card to come in the mail. Then, I will renew my food stamp card (the shame of it all..) so, that, in any situation, at least I won't starve...Then, maybe New Orleans.
Nary A Sign Of Karrie
Karrie has not gotten in touch for whatever reason. Maybe it was all just an illusion. Maybe our separation was meant to be. You only live once, and spending life chasing after the next drink, could have one feeling someday that their life had been "wasted," if you'll excuse the pun..

1 comment:

  1. Daniel
    Don't go to New Orleans think about how God has been in touch with you since you have been here.
    First I think you should listen better to him... Then make that decision.
    They call it "sin city" for a reason ya know!
    Porsha

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.