Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Duet With Becca Possible Tonight

The Beggar's Prayer
Yesterday, I left here, stopped to get a shot of moonshine, then to another store for a hard ice tea, to which I intended to add the moonshine, and "boost it up," some.
The Atmosphere Will Be Electric At Serda's
There were three guys sitting around the back of the store. I almost hesitated to join them, when I saw that Richard was one of them. He is an inveterate beggar.
I sat down. Richard immediately asked me for a cigarette. I only had one, and I told him so.
"It's always just one," he said, before walking off, looking disgusted.
That left two other guys, who were ex military and talked almost exclusively about being "squids" and Marines.
I added the moonshine to the hard iced tea. One of the guys, upon witnessing that; asked me for some of it. "I saw you putting vodka in it; that's what we need; vodka," he said, apparently speaking for both of them.
It was all I could do to refrain from making a sarcastic remark, like. "Sure, after all, I'm out there playing for hours each night just so I can keep you in vodka."
The Marine suddenly (after finishing a beer), became very spiritual.
He wanted to pray, and we held hands and he did so. He mentioned that when two or more are gathered in His name, He is in their midst. He prayed that we would all get what we "need." I couldn't help wondering if that was The Beggar's Prayer that he recited...
Then, some time went by. I was about done with my concoction. The Marine asked the other guy for a dollar. The other guy refused it. The Marine then told the other guy that he knew that the other guy had "4 dollars," and reiterated his demand.
The other guy refused again. The Marine stood up and got to within an inch of the other guy's face and told him that, if he wanted to, he could kick him in the head and take the four dollars. Whether or not the Lord was still in our midst at that point, is debatable.
How Can I Worry About Bums When I Might Be Singing With Becca Tonight?
I got downtown and played for a good two hours. I thought I sounded good. I think I'm getting better. I counted about 20 bucks, after I knocked off at 9pm., just as the little dweeb was locking the door to the beer store...
I went to sleep on one of the pair of trolleys, which were relocated during Mardi Gras. It is right behind The Garage club. I'm pretty sure that the property owner is aware of my presence, but, his property happens to be the one that I cleaned during Mardi Gras. He usually waves when he sees me.
It rained all night, and the roof of the trolley was a blessing.
Tonight, I may practice a song with Becca, and then perform it with her at Serda's. I am off to practice and maybe put on new strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.