Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Exaggeration Wednesday Updated To Include Thursday



Someone came by and took this picture of us, and e-mailed it to me.
I think the coolest thing about that night, even cooler than jamming out on
such classics as "Strutter," and "Baby, If You Wanna Be My Lover (you'd better take me home...)"
was, finding this spot where it was so dark behind us, I mean, you can see the "pitch" blackness; and,
the ample light which was hitting our faces never seemed to make it past our faces, or if it did, it wasn't reflecting
off any objects. It was a bizarre optical illusion, there; down Bourbon Street.
  Last night, these two guys came by who said that they used to be big rock stars.
We Jammed a while and people were throwing us some pretty good tips.
Sue In Hiding
Meanwhile, it seems that Sue might indeed be in hiding somewhere.


A good enough photo for Sue to
recognise the bird..
She has not been seen in a couple days by anyone at her prior habitual spots.
This is unfortunate, because I had gotten her some tuna for Kooky, and a Halloween candy. I put them in between the folds of her cardboard, but they sat there for two days, undisturbed.
Then, fate smiled upon me like a thousand suns, and I found the bird, which was the counterpart to the bird that Sue found; the one she relocated to Lous Armstrong Park.
It is a bird that Sue has been looking for, so that she can return it too, to the park.
I have since lost it. I think someone was nosey and opened the box. They may have released the bird; who knows what goes through the minds of these sickos here.
I'm glad I took pictures of the bird. I fear that Sue might otherwise have thought that I was mocking her, if I told her that I had had it in brief captivity.
Thursday, 3rd November
It is Thursday morning, and I woke up once in the park, when I felt tiny raindrops, and then a second time after feeling then next size up from "tiny" raindrops.
I went to the pavilion, where I may have imagined being leered at, by those who may have been dividing the food by an integer incremented by one.
I only wanted water for coffee, and they were mostly civil about not jumping upon me like fleas when I lit a cigarette. There were some murmurs of "Damn, I got to get me a cigarette," which were audible to me, and for which I was grateful, seeing an opportunity offered me to bring myself closer to God by being charitable, in much the same fashion as the biblical Samaritan. It's nice to be given opportunities to give, for in giving, we receive.
I always decline to act upon the initial beg, and then wait to see how the person acts over not having been given anything for free.
The ones who start to cuss you out, "You are one cheap @#$#! if you can't spare one rolling paper!" kind of vindicate me in the fact that I didn't give something for free to such a jerk.
I will randomly give a little away here and there; a little being like a cigarette, or up to 35 cents in change, but it is always a surprise to the person, the way a total eclipse of the sun used to be.Elvis gave away Cadillacs once in a while, so there is at least that precedent for it.
Special Feature:
Affairs Of The Heart Thursday
I Can Make This Pretty short.
The bird is the key to Sue's heart.
Number One On Sue's Wish List, the poor bird.


I had the bird; had it in a box (with some straw and stuff on the bottom); but, It got away.
I had left the box next to my bike, in front of one of the foot massage places on Canal Street, then I went for a half hour walk, up and down Canal, looking for Sue, and for stuff laying on the sidewalk.
I didn't really think that anyone would steal the bird, but if Sue walked past my bike and saw the box, she would be overcome with curiosity and would discover the bird and I would be a hero.
Chinese Hostage Rescue?
That is when I believe the bird got out of the box. I didn't see how the bird could have gotten out of the box, because I had interlocked the flaps on the top, which was also a foot above the bird's head.
That means, it was let go.
But, if someone let it go; why would they refold the box flaps, unless to fool me into thinking that I was still carrying the bird (its weight is negligible compared to the box), so that I wouldn't discover it until I had perhaps been in several spots, and the blame would be deflected away from that spot where it was actually taken (or freed or escaped.)
This is actually the scenario that I think played out. The Chinese released the bird and then resealed the box to make me think that I still had it, and that I would wind up not really knowing where the bird disappeared from.
I Know Where It's At
Last night, I came upon the bird, at the exact location behind Popeye's where I first caught it. This points to it having been freed. 
It was right in the dumpster and would have been an easy capture, but I didn't grab it, because I don't know if I will see Sue soon.
Meanwhile, This guy has been seen around
Canal and Royal streets, again.
He asked me for change,
which I didn't "have." Then he sat next to me,
before the Walgreens manager ran him/us off.
He stares a lot, I've noticed...

Disappeared from the neighbor hood, the day after
I tried to apologize for yelling at her...

I know we have to go to court together on the 9th, but I don't want to try to keep a bird that long.
I'll have to try to recapture it around the 7th. I hope it can live that long on Popeye's chicken. 

It has been slow since Halloween, and the shootings. I got a five from one nice lady last night, and then headed for the park to sleep, and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.