Friday, November 11, 2011

I Trek From New Jersey To California

HomelessForum.com
I like to check my "stats" for the blog, usually just to see if anyone from any new exotic country, like Norway, has read it that day.
A few days ago, there was traffic from the above website, where I went and found the following post:

This guy's been homeless since 2007 it seems, and has been traveling all around the South playing his guitar for a living. Amazing stuff. It's like reading Kerouac.



I've been reading it oldest to newest, which means going to each month and then reading bottom posts to top, whew! I'm up to just about a year ago.

If you want to read about one person's homeless way of life, this is amazing stuff.

As for me, I'm going to finish it the next day or two and then see if I can get in contact with the guy, and send him some helpful stuff.

He has, indeed, since e-mailed me, and is going to send a "care package" of some stuff (all the way from California.)
I was the guy walking around New Orleans with
a big grin saying "Kirouac, eh?" and
chuckling occasionally.
This proves that, if billions of people peck away randomly on keyboards, one of them will eventually find my blog.
Flashback Friday
I have to admit that Flashback Friday is in jeopardy of being postponed until next week. I have 2 minutes left in this session, and planned upon writing a 10,000 word story this week.
I might try to put it on paper and then frantically peck away during my last hour of allotted computer time, hoping to get it entered, but it doesn't look promising at this point.
If not then, what you are reading now is what you will be reading now, instead of an installment of Flashback Friday.
I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

1 comment:

  1. You gotta turn that frown, upside down! When I find my face looks like that .... I shave.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.