Thursday, November 10, 2011

We Love Birds

The Gutter Punks from the other night, shortly
after the girl with the cranberry drink went
into the market, and reemerged shortly thereafter,
without having purchased any item.
"Affairs Of The Heart" Thursday.
Yesterday afternoon, at approximately 4 p.m., Sue and I arrived at the location where I had last spotted the bird, which Sue wants to relocate to a nearby pond, believing in her heart that the bird is "stranded."
Perhaps the bird blew in with the last tropical storm and "can't fly high enough to get over the buildings" and "out of the city, as Sue believes.
The bird has become a metaphor for Sue
Sue is like the bird which scoots quickly away from you, out of your grasp, with just the speed required to stay a few feet in front of you.
It can go a lot faster, even fly, but uses just enough energy in its bursts of speed to keep you from catching it, making it seem conservative.
Perhaps, it is out of it's natural habitat, in the French Quarter of New Orleans.
I happened to catch it at a time when it was frightened by something  other than myself; like a vehicle; and reacted by scooting towards me and within range of my hands.
I had been pursuing it for quite some time, with it scooting away on its twig like legs, just out of my reach, when this fortuitous event happened
I felt bad about having to grab it in such the abrupt manner that I did, putting it through the terror which had it shrieking and squirming and trying desperately to break my grasp, but I knew that it was the only way to catch it.
After I stroked its head and repeated "You'll be alright," over and over; it calmed down.
The bird, seen in this grainy photo, taken
just before sundown, in an alley off
Canal Street. It is one of the few photos
of the bird known to exist..
Yes, I believe the bird is a metaphor for Sue and, the circumstances surrounding the bird, for our relationship.
Coming Tomorrow on Flashback Friday:
1984: I Trip At A Dead Show

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.