Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cool Rain Not Very Cool

Last night, my "money" song was
"Didn't We Almost Have It All," by the recently late
Whitney Houston, shown at my spot.
It is in an excellent key for the G harmonica!
It is Tuesday.
Last night, it rained.
It was raining so hard that the rain was going both up and down. For about a half an hour.
Sue wasn't with me.
We had had another falling out over us allowing a kid that she randomly met to crash at our spot.
It is a spot where two people can almost be invisible in the shadows.
The third person, Howard, is graced with an appearance which would make almost anybody feel like crap by calling the law on him and reporting him as a trespasser. The guy doesn't smoke; doesn't drink, but merely sits and reads books most of the day.
The fourth person, who Sue hastily introduced to me as Jeff, from San Francisco, initially layed down right under the bright glow from the street lights, almost daring someone to notice him.
I got him to move into the shadows behind the sign, but Sue interpreted that as me relegating him to a less comfortable (for him) spot. "I'm the one who invited him here; you don't own this spot, who are you to tell him to sleep back there in the inhospitable bramble?"
The guy wound up being totally cool with the arrangement. He had arrived here "dead tired" and was just happy to have found any spot to rest. It isn't easy to do so in the French Quarter. Welcome to Downtown New Orleans...
Sue was upset the next (Monday) morning, and I haven't seen her since.
She missed out on a good soaking from head to toe, by not joining me -her loss, I guess.
One Year Ago Today
I was in Mobile, Alabama, working on a college paper for a Bangledeshi guy.

1 comment:

  1. "Inhospitable bramble" lol I love it. Sounds like a name for a punk band that uses banjos.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.