Thursday, July 19, 2012

When The Student Is Ready The Teacher Will Appear


Jack Johnson
I have discovered the music of Jack Johnson, (right) and John Mayer (to some extent).
With these two as new role models, the sky is the limit!
I have listened to about 4 Jack Johnson songs and have decided to start singing from my heart; in mimickry of him.
I have sang from my heart 3 times already.
"I can't even hug you goodbye...
because it would feel like something else.
It would feel like the start of deciding to stay
I can't kiss you goodbye; because goodbye would be a lie
A big enough lie to make me want to cry.."

People, I composed the above within just 24 hours of hearing Jack Johnson for the first time.

"I just want to warm my soul by the fire in your eyes..."

I'm sure Mr. Johnson has his detractors, those whom I imagine bandy about phrases like "A poor man's Bruce Springsteen," but I have my detractors too....

 "Go On" is a decent song by Jack
Our Visitor
We have a new visitor.
Here is a picture of what I think it is (below).

We have all seen the snake that comes around and eats lizards...
I know they're kind are famous for striking whatever human being tries to capture it with their considerable teeth.
But, I also think this one is pretty mellow. He slithered by, and only pretended to be venemous by striking a pose that would, to give him his due, fool a lot of people, for a second.
Then, when I went back to playing my guitar, he eventually slowly slithered past me in the opposite direction and I think captured a lizard before disappearing.
I Could Have Caught It
I really could have caught the thing, because it unwittingly crawled into on of the enclosed spaces (the one that I used to place my laptop in, kind of a cubby-hole, in order to block out as much of the traffic sounds as possible) and was, for all intents and purposes; trapped.
If I were to wrap both hand in socks, to fend off the inevitable first strike of the snake in its desperate attempt to escape, I could have captured it; because it really had nowhere to go.
More Common And Less Mild
It had crawled into a space about twice as big as a microwave oven and with an escape hole considerably smaller.
I wouldn't have had the proper enclosure to keep it in and feed it lizards, so I didn't try to catch it.
And I wasn't in the mood for a bite from a reptile; however mild
it may have been; It's kind of unsettling, they strike lightning fast and that is a definite attention-grabber; -maybe something that lingers in our genes from a time long past when reptile attacks were more common and less mild... 

3 comments:

  1. Well with all the stupid crap I have to do in this place, if I'm lucky I'll be able to *look* at my violin around midnight.

    This is why I want out, U-O-T, of here. And am working toward that goal.

    That's a cool snake, I think that's the kind that eats lizards, bugs, small stuff, that it can find. A definite good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capturing it would be a feather in my hat; in the open, you can forget about catching them because they really resemble an electrical current which takes the path of least resistance through the brush and...well they got the name "racer" for a very good reason.
    I would capture it just to walk around with it and make people wonder how I was able to catch one...but I did read somewhere that they will strike at you persistently and not give up after a few fruitless strikes when you don't drop them; they will basically strike at you the entire time you keep them as a "pet" and try to handle them...pity because the snake is a real looker..pretty eyes and a mischievous grin...it has the look on its of determination to never stop striking you, though if you look closely; kind of like a Danika Patrick "game face" is what it looks like to me lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LIzards and snakes tend to operate on instinct that's hard-wired. For instance, when I was a kid I'd catch skinks and have them "tamed" in no time. Anoles, though, would "stay wild" no matter how long they were kept. People keep boas because I think the the wild they don't have any predators so to them, as long as they're eating regularly, life's just great and a person is just a warm branch to hang out on.

    I got in *some* violin time about midnight last night. I'm going to try to sneak in some now, but as usual I have a shit-ton of stuff to do around here and this is why I'm looking at leaving here. Essentially, I want to have a living situation kind of like yours, without the actual homelessness, so I can have practicing and playing come first.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.