Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Not Much Capital, But Enough Of The Capitol

Up in the morning, looking around -Howard already off on his morning routine, but, something wrong; the sun is way too high in the sky for Howard to not be back with the newspaper, re-reading the sports page, checking for minute details which might have escaped him during his first perusal of it at the Jack-In-The-Box, over the $2.99 breakfast special, along with his Chevron station coffee.
The mystery was soon solved when Howard returns, carrying a Dollar General bag, containing a pair of socks and a wash cloth. Maybe we won't have to have that little discussion about hygiene and bus riding etiquette in general...
The little devil deviated from The Routine and went to the Dollar General this morning; this is indeed shaping up to be The Big Day of our exodus from this city by the river that has no pigeons, where the jail is 98.5% full of African Americans, despite the population being pretty much a 50-50 mix between them and "other," and where things are only going to get worse after it is discovered that the LSU football team is not as good as everyone here has come to believe they are.
"They're not as good as everybody thinks," said Howard, after turning over the sports page to me yesterday morning, so that I could read it as part of MY Morning Routine, along with the 2 energy drinks that I am in the habit of consuming each morning. We will getting out of here before the entire mood of the place changes and people start looking to vent upon the homeless their frustrations and disappointment, especially after the upcoming game against Alabama, when it will become evident to the whole world that they aren't as good as everybody thinks they are, and that nothing in Baton Rouge actually is...
The Road To Nowhere?
Time To Check Out
The jail has still not gotten my check for 11 dollars and change from the other jail which they had moved me to (so some other Parish could profit off of the funds provided them by the state to house me) for the last 8 days of that confinement. 8 days that passed like molasses running uphill in January with a headwind, to quote my high school track coach in describing my running style at the time.
I am not going to wait around Baton Rouge for my 11 dollars and change while there is stuff going on in New Orleans and a pub crawl about to happen in Mobile, Alabama to kick off the Bayfest Music Festival this coming weekend.
Howard and I have a freight train to catch out of The Big Easy, in hopes of arriving in Mobile by Thursday, so that I can take advantage of the festivities and so that Howard can change his lifestyle and eat McDonalds each morning and read a different newspaper, in order to broaden himself.
We each have upcoming court dates, (they actually ticketed Howard for an open container on the LSU campus while I was in jail doing 45 days for smelling like a beer) but it seems like we will both refrain from showing up in court, in order to assure that we WILL NOT be "ever" returning to this city -we will be like pigeons around here.
I will send the jail a self addressed, stamped envelope with a photo copy of my ID so they can send my 11 bucks to me; far away somewhere...
We now go downtown, where I will see if Sherman can duck tape my box for the second laptop so that it will be more protected in my pack, then, we plan to be aboard the 5 dollar bus to New Orleans by sundown...

4 comments:

  1. You should probably just head home to your Mom's and work on becoming an Atkins-type guitar player, and rest up. Then come out to the West Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it too late to start taking your advice? Have I fallen too far behind? I think my mom is waiting for that plane that is losing altitude to crash through her roof any time now; in fact she has probably cleared out the attic! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then you won't be living in your Mom's basement, you'll be living in your Mom's attic.

    I say, Go for it. Get rested up, maybe use the time to get through Winter and get some CDs recorded, then fly out to the west coast and give the homeless musician thing a try out here. I think you'll find it easier out here.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.