Thursday, April 11, 2013

Beach Music

When I left the library yesterday afternoon, I didn't have time to make it to either of the music stores before they closed.
I drifted in the direction of Canal Street, where I played for about a half hour, made nothing, and then was told by a cop that I couldn't play there. It was the cop that seems to only work Monday through Thursday.
I have found a copy of the book which I want to give to Tanya Huang.
It was shortly after I had met her almost 2 years ago; that she complimented me upon my vocabulary and asked me if I would recommend a book to her.
Initially, I had mentioned "Great Expectations," by Charles Dickens, but she wrinkled her nose and told me that she had had to read it in high school; and didn't enjoy the experience.
Now, 2 years later, I had determined that Beach Music, by Pat Conroy is the perfect book, and I have found a copy, only, it is missing its front cover. (It might be a "stripped" book, for which neither the publisher nor the writer has received compensation, but, I suppose if Tanya really likes it, she could mail Mr. Conroy a check...).
I have drawn a picture of Tanya and made a substitute cover for the book, with the words "Tanyas personal copy" appended to the title; and I just need to tape it on there and hopefully give her the book tomorrow.
Laundry Day
It is Thursday and it rained cats and dogs earlier this afternoon.
Howard was up and out of the stand of trees at about 6 a.m, his usual time. It had begun sprinkling then, but stopped long enough to allow me to sleep until almost noon.
I bagged up all my laundry, thinking that I will go to The Clothes Spin and wash and dry them after I leave here; but now am starting to feel cheap and that I might try to get them done for free at The Rebuild Center tomorrow, rather than spend about 7 bucks doing them today...
Samsung To Be Hidden
The entire screen is out on the Samsung laptop, meaning that it is useless except as a means to charge up my mp3 player. And also meaning that I need to wrap it in a water-tight bag and hide it very well somewhere, until such a time that I have the money to get another screen on E-Bay...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.