Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In Case He's In The Quarter, He'll Be In Caseys In The Quarter

It is turning into a Tanya and Dorise kind of day.
They are playing at Caseys In The Quarter (shown) tonight at 8 and Tanya has told me both "You should come," and "I'll buy you a drink."
It has been lightly raining this morning and walking to the music store for new strings is going to soak my socks through the holes in my sneakers.
It would be a good time to message Tanya about a possible ride to Guitar Center, or maybe Music Exchange.
She has said "Let me know if you need a ride to Guitar Center or wherever..." but I wouldn't want to impose upon her unless she was going to one of those places anyways.

I might be invited to jam along tonight, and my current strings are sounding pretty dull and are hard to keep in tune.
Other than that; I have been taking the past couple days off from busking; except for an hour here and there.
Daniels Morning Routine
I am establishing a "routine" which entails doing excersises in the morning; including a mile and a half jog, interupted by a stop at the little store where I get a coffee energy drink; and then a good hour of practicing fundamentals (chords and scales).

1 comment:

  1. There's a very excellent violin player in Santa Cruz, who plays classical music like a demon, all of it from printed sheets. Then, he'll play "Ave Maria" from memory. Oh, he gets the notes all right, but his timing goes wayyy out the window. In fact, next time I go there, I'm going to give him the printed out music for Ave Maria.

    You should have picked ... what was that song by artist X, that you sang, I think, and it got Tanya on an artist X jag for a while? I think artist X was female. That would have gone great, but what do I know, I'm sober.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.