Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I Tipped Them A Dollar

It is Tuesday Morning and the editor is working very slowly, perhaps because of the embedded video.
The Hokum High Rollers
The reason I am fingerpicking at twice the speed of, say, a year ago is that I am watching these guys play at least once per night.

They are definitely the "second string" players at the spots that Doreens Jazz Band, and Tanya and Dorise vacate between Sunday and Friday.
I have only recently come to appreciate them; I used to get no closer than 50 feet from their vocals; which tend to be of the gruff, shouted variety.
They didn't have microphones when that old-timey music was composed; so; in keeping with tradition, neither do these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.