Sunday, August 25, 2013

Boring Post From A Slow City

30 Bucks All Day Friday
Friday, after making only a dollar in the morning, I continued to play.

I stopped by Rouses Market and jammed with a young black kid who is just learning the guitar.
He plays the simple stuff that he does better than a lot of musicians play the complicated stuff.
The Kid In The Foreground
He was the guy who was playing with Superman the day before (left).
We played "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone," and someone threw a dollar, which I let him keep.
"Wow, you can really play," said the young man, making me think that he had perhaps heard otherwise; perhaps from Superman, who has never really heard me play, but who probably figures that I just don't have the obnoxious outgoing, getting-in-every-tourists-face-and-trying-to-do- cigarette-magic personality that he has and which he probably feels is his meal ticket.
It's all part of the cosmos.
This morning, the young guitarist was talking to Tanya and Dorise as I walked up; and he might have pointed me out and told them that I could really play.
Tanya has been sounding as bad as I have ever heard her, the past couple of days.
I figured that she had a headache, or something.

20 Bucks All Day Saturday
I got too drunk to play past midnight on Saturday.
I remember Lillian coming out of her house and me rubbing her neck, but not much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.