Sunday, August 18, 2013

Stay!

Nervous Duane On Royal Street
Well, here I am at the coffee shop, where the guy greeted me and told me that I could have a "water" and still be able to use this here computer and post this here post.
This is in concert with plenty of events which have recently transpired, here.
Many loyal readers would have known that today, should I have made back the money that I lost Friday, would be at the rail yard and finally leaving out on a freight train; or getting busted by the cops, which, in my opinion is not even a possibility; I will explain:
When the NOLA cops brought me out of the rail yard in handcuffs about a week ago; and then "released" me as soon as we were far enough away from the rail yard to make it unfeasible for me to walk back there; um; I didn't realize this until later; but; as crazy a spot that I thought the cop chose to cut me loose (and I thought at the time that it had to do with jurisdictions or something) he had actually released me in a spot very close to the railroad and in a spot that I happened to have passed by on my way to the music store and at a spot where I saw that it would be so easy to hop on a train which was in front of my eyes and which boasted my choice of what kind of car that I might wish to recline in; and in a neighborhood in which Dorise might as well be the representative of; in connection with which how much anybody there would give a shit about seeing a guy hopping on the train.
A goat almost eats Duanes tips...
It occurred to me that the cop was showing me where to hop a train by his choice of spots to dump me out of his car in the middle of the night; as opposed to what I initially thought: that he was punishing me by making me walk 4 miles back into the Quarter, allotting me plenty of time to think about my sinful train hopping ways and to repent.
He probably figured that I was going to keep trying...
Nervous Duane Video (click here)

Sunday
So, it is Sunday, and this was the day to travel, because

  • I Recoup All The Money That I Wasted On Friday
  • See Above
And, so I walked onto Royal Street, under skies that were threatening the light rain that we had later; and I ran into a guy whose picture I took, but which I cannot post because I am using the coffee shop computer.
He played the blues and I am now going off into cyberspace to find a video of him (because I am proud to do so) and tonight, he is hosting an open mic night thing at Checkpoint Charlies and he invited me there.
So, even though I was tempted to tell him that, dude, I'm hopping a train out of here tonight, I didn't and am now wondering why an open mic night (still) here in NOLA is so important.....
But it is Nervous Duane, and if the link above works, you should be in for a treat.
The guy plays blues, but really plays them so they sound good, as opposed to the music of idiots who play blues because they think that it is "easy."
Sure, 3 chords are easy to remember.
But, it looks like I will busk a bit leading up until the time that Nervous Duane is to host the event (he got the call while I was talking to him on Royal Street after I had listened to him for an hour and found his music to be interesting as hell, despite the fact that he used only 3 chords.
He played slide guitar and was a very good singer and I actually noticed, out of the corner of my eye, about 40 dollars go into his case duringin the hour that I listened.

1 comment:

  1. Get a chrome-plated Craftsman socket, one of those deep ones, that fits your finger. Use that for a slide. That's what we did as kids; I was surprised to find there are commercially made slides instead of just raiding the tool box. Adding slide to your routine may double your money just like a "harp" does but ... the thing that pisses me off about harps is they wear out fast.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.