Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hello World

Just thinking about making a CD has been getting me to work on arrangements and memorizing lyrics and practicing my own stuff...
Last night, I made enough money to pay for my day and then put 5 bucks in my pocket; and I got a good nights sleep.

I spent an awful lot of time trying to make a cartoon profile face for Facebook; and so I am including it (right).
I have been working on new songs at my playing spot and have been able to get tipped; as nobody passing by realizes that I am playing the same section repeatedly.
After I knocked off last night, I found some good food, and was considering going back out to play some more; but ran into some of my few friends on Bourbon Street; who shared enough liquor with me that I cancelled those plans.
I saw Brian Hudson at one point and we wound up walking and talking and were soon nearby my playing spot.
I "showed" him the spot; but there were very few people around; and my attempt to play a song (to demonstrate the acoustics) failed when I was too drunk to remember the words to "Like a Rolling Stone," by Bob Dylan.
I had tuned the whole guitar down a whole step, so that my harmonica would fit songs such as that; but the trade-off is that it creates tuning nightmares when it is dropped down in pitch that much...
Tonight, I hope to put the finishing touches on "Something," by The Beatles and to continue my life-long study of "Kid Charlemagne," by Steely Dan...

2 comments:

  1. "Kid Charlemagne" I fucking LOVE that song.

    So far I lose at blogging but I need to come up with a blog about my evil plan to become a decent trumpet player. Right now it consist of the theory I have that if I just play the mouthpiece for a month or two or three while waiting and saving for the perfect cornet, and I play along with just everything and anything, It will do a ton of good for my playing. Because the range is in the player, not the horn. Then when I re-introduce the horn, it will be just a matter of getting the valve combinations memorized and learning the finger patterns for various scales. Fortunately I don't need to busk right away, and if I run short on money, I have other ways to go out and bring home $100 on a given day.

    But I feel dumb because I'm at my friend's huge house in Fremont, CA right now and I didn't bring the mouthpiece. There seems to be a time in the middle of the day when I'm the only one here and could make all the awful sounds I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, for the cartoon portrait, maybe one of the caricature artists NOLA is known for will do one for you.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.