Thursday, September 19, 2013

Loss And Grief

How could I have been so stupid?
I have lost my little USB micro sd chip and adapter.
I'm pretty sure that I left it in one of the computers here at the library after working on yesterdays cartoon profile picture and just barely getting that posted as time expired on my session and then logging out of my Google account (so the next person on the machine can't delete my blog or send all my e-mail contacts death threats) with one second left.
The thing is small and the same black plastic (no red as shown) as the front of the computers and camouflages well. 
This has happened before, and I should have wrapped some florescent orange tape around the thing; which would catch my eye before I could walk off.

This sucks because the combination of the chip and the "reader," cost me about 30 bucks; and was my only means of getting pictures that I take with my phone onto this blog. This will cause me grief.
French Connection
Someone in France (it must be one person) was pretty busy last night; reading this blog, but mostly pages that mention Tanya and Dorise. This is the first time in 7 years that I got more page views from a foreign country than from the U.S.
France
40
United States
29
China
4
Ukraine
2
Australia
1
Canada
1
Germany
1
United Kingdom
1
Mexico
1

IN Skeezers I Must Trust
I can hope that one of the patrons of the library turned my USB thing in to "lost and found"...but the library is Skeezer Central, with its free A/C, its free restrooms, and its free cellphone charging...and its free stuff that people leave behind.
The Beatles
So, while I waited for this computer (and I still wait for the tech guy to come in so I can ask him if anyone turned in a USB card) I read an article about The Beatles making of Magical Mystery Tour.
The section about their encounter with the Maharishi and the 20 minutes of meditation in the morning and evening every day, kind of caught my eye.
I think I will try to get back into morning meditation, to order my thoughts, set my priorities, and maybe help me to stop losing things (...the capo; and now my SD chip...).
It occurred to me that I seem to be losing all the things which I bought with the last tip of 175 bucks; as if maybe the guy regretted giving it to me and the money took on bad karma...
Leslie
I had run into Leslie yesterday afternoon, who had come into a fortune of 40 dollars, and who bought me a couple Hurricane Lagers, to go with the one already in my hand; and was soon drunk enough to prove the axiom, which some of the brass bands expound that "the more you drink, the better you think we sound."  
Brian Hudson
At one point, I stopped to listen to Brian at the corner of St. Louis and Royal.
His guitar, voice and amp all sounded great ("professional," if you will) and he has his songs down to a science, with compelling lyrics and finely worked out accompaniment and he plays songs completely through from intro to the last note; and rarely screws up.

In my stupor, Brian sounded (even) more polished, more professional, more well rehearsed, more sober and on-the-ball, and more worthy of the 20 dollars which people were paying for a couple of his CDs.

I'm hoping that my morning meditation and rearrangement of my schedule to put music first and blogging second (sorry, readers) will produce a song or two of that caliber.
I'm sure that his musical opinion of me is that I get "a little too drunk and sloppy" and that I hardly ever finish a song before jumping to another one.
Morning Practice
The morning practicing has been paying off.
The sign spot has been a blessing in this regard because, at some time around 6:30 a.m., while I am still asleep, the workers from the Saenger Theater across the street start to park their vehicles around me, thus walling me in, so that when the sun comes up, I am still invisible, and can get my full 8 hours of sleep.
Then, I put in at least an hour of playing scales and chord exercises.

I basically am doing chord exercises on the types of chords that Paul (Doreens Jazz Band) has mastered.
I had a booklet given to me in Mobile about how to play "swing style" rhythm guitar (four chords per measure; on on each beat) but had never used it as much as I am now.
These are the chords that are fit for the likes of Doreens Jazz Band...

1 comment:

  1. Library = skeezer central which is why YOU'RE there. You're just among the upper class of skeezers. You can afford, for now, to look down on the majority of skeezers, until a hit on the head or too much drugs lowers your IQ and executive function enough to land you in the middle of the skeezer bell curve.

    I'd almost consider tying a string to the little USB drive, long enough to tie it to your belt or something, so that you *really* get reminded to take it with you. I've seen USB drives that look like all kinds of things, superhero characters, etc. My favorite is the one that looks like a biggish piece of kandy korn.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.