Tuesday, August 20, 2019

The First Thing I Saw Was A Skeezer Skeezing

I am in my apartment, where suddenly a lot of things beside busking are rearing their heads as becoming equally appealing as alternatives.

Even though I am flat broke, and out of tobacco.

The screenshot above, taken a few minutes ago shows a typical Tuesday night in late August on Bourbon Street, with nothing on the horizon to look forward to except the Southern Decadence festival, of which I have bad memories.

I totally need to figure out the shortest distance between myself and some kind of job. Some under the table thing would be just fantastic.
I feel that the busking thing could be taken up a notch and I can add some equipment to my inventory.
Namely, a clip on microphone that could go right on the harness that holds the harmonica, and could be attached by wireless, to a small amplifier that I could hide inside my backpack.
That way, I could still appear to be unamplified, but would have a little bit of reserve volume, and a bit of echo and reverberation, to keep pace with the times, when it is just getting louder on the street in general.
I spent about a half hour putting this together,
I might as well post here

It would be easiest to buy the stuff using money that is somewhat guaranteed, rather than be faced with the dilemma of having one huge tip fall in my lap and then have to wonder when the next one might come, and should I run out and spend every cent on a microphone and a wireless setup etc. and then maybe wind up having nice sounding gear but no toilet paper in my house, type of thing.

At least with a normal job, if I am scheduled to work x amount of hours, then I can pretty much count on x amount of money being available for toilet paper and buy my music equipment accordingly...

2 comments:

  1. This is why serious buskers will put in "the hours". They'll set a schedule for themselves and keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically, you can work a regular job (and lose your apartment) or you can treat busking more like an actual job. You don't need more stuff (other than new strings when needed) you just need to put in more *hours*.

    Other things could be to wear clean clothes, take a bath once in a while, and get a damn haircut.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.