Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Not Much Stirring

Ladies Of Chengdu, China and the most
beautiful in the world, (according to Howard).
Today was a day to do laundry.
I am now toting all of my clothes on my back and they are all clean.
Last night, a guy gave me 20 dollars, after I had left my playing spot after making 2 dollars. He said that he had seen me around.
This helped make the laundry trip possible
I then found a lot of food outside Rouses, and even left some inside Lillys gate for her dogs. I hope they like chicken salad on kaiser.
Great Balls Of Fire!
The newly renovated Saenger Theater is going to be lit up like a pinball machine at night by the new multi-bulb sign and all kinds of additional lighting designed to spotlight the place and let everybody know that it has been renovated.
Right now, there is some heavy machinery shielding me from the light; but it will be moved eventually.
This will make the sign spot unattractive as a place to sleep.
I have been doing a little bit of stone masonry under the dock by the Natchez steamboat in case I have to move there.
Other than that; there isn't much stirring on this Wednesday afternoon...

1 comment:

  1. I know all about how expensive laundry day can be .... I go over to a place in the San Jose ghetto, and between laundry, a haircut, and tacos, it wipes out $20 easily. I've been getting off light lately, doing my laundry at my employer's house lately, but this week I didn't go there.

    I found, miracle of miracles, a Bix Beiderbecke CD at the local Fry's Electronics for $5. His stuff is incredibly hard to find, as there's one semi-shitty recording of Singing The Blues by him on YouTube and of course YouTube videos can't be saved. The 25 songs on the CD would cost me at least $25 on iTunes, and $25 over every time the computer crashed, hiccuped, or scratched its ass. CDs are the best value around now, only surpassed by vinyl, which is higher quality at a lower price.

    I need to learn Bix's style because everyone seems to be in love with it, and until I got this CD I could not figure out what "the secret" that everyone's nuts about is. Now I knwo - he's basically a more contemplative Satchmo. Where Satch is all sunlight and beams of happiness, Bix is a bit more subdued.

    Right now I just have a mouthpiece to buzz on, and am saving up for a cornet again. I expect to have one in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.