Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I just lugged my laptop almost 2 miles in my backpack through 90 degree heat and humidity and have arrived at Starbucks with enough time to re-read Monday's post and the comment(s) and to type this; and now they are closing.
The 170 dollars is down to $1.25 and a bus ticket.
It wasn't totally reckless spending, as I ate very well out of the Ideal Market; and, outside of an experiment in buying a huge jug of whiskey thinking that it would last 2 days and I would ultimately save money; but it only lasted one night, as "everyone" wanted a swig....it was pretty sensibly spent, on things like lotion....

1 comment:

  1. I think it might be time to start taking stock of where you're putting your time and money in.

    Since this blog is a vehicle for cyber-begging, evaluate how much it's bringing in, versus the amount of time and effort you put in.

    A secondary purpose might be to feel like you'll be remembered, for posterity somehow.

    In the first case I'd say this blog is a huge waste of your time and energy; in the 2nd case I'd say you're going to be a lot more famous and valued by society if you produce some CDs that later become collectors' items.

    Since moving to San Jose, supposedly some kind of high tech heaven - HA! - I've learned to depend on the internet less and less. It's mainly a huge waste of time and energy which are far better spend in the real world doing real things.

    So, go on an "internet fast" and produce that first CD!

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.