Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Oolong Tea

  • 4 Dollar Sunday
  • 15 Dollar Monday
  • 30 Dollar Tuesday
  • 16 Days Sober
  • 48 Hours Until Food Card Charged
It is Tuesday afternoon; I slept about 6 hours this morning, waking up at around 2 PM.


I made 15 dollars last night, off of a sparse crowd after about 2 and a half hours of playing.


I had started with $2.93 in my jar.


I spent about 7 bucks on food, and another 7 on a pack of American Spirit cigarettes, and then took the trolley home.


David the water jug player gave me a piece of fried chicken, which I ate, along with the coconut milk and Oriental vegetable soup with baked drum fish that I prepared in my kitchen.


I am optimistist about being able to make money off of my guitar and harp playing and my singing; when there are actually people around to hear me; something which should come to fruition in the coming week as the Southern Decadence Festival is to take place here, flooding the streets with gay tourists.


In the back of my mind, I am considering making a trip to Massachusetts in November, to perhaps attend the 35th reunion of the class of 1980, which I graduated with. I have gotten a notice through Facebook and have found out that I am welcome; though, technically I was expelled from that school towards the end of senior year for publishing an "underground" newspaper, without the consent of the administration.


You've just read: 227 words.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Centri Records is a New York based independent record label owned by Rhandy Acosta. It originated as a way for local talent from Queens, NY. Rhoyale’s new single Tonight is now available on Apple Music and Google Play. Add it to your playlist today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you paying more than $5 / pack of cigs? I'm buying my cigs over at Duty Free Depot and this saves me over 70% on cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.