Tuesday, February 2, 2016

There goes the trolley; another one; my pass is good until 9:30 as that was the time that I had finally drug myself out of here at and bought the 24 hour pass.


I now go to run the quarter mile.


I have a feeling that it is actually 5 yards longer than a quarter mile, as I have paced it off, using steps that I had pretty much memorised in my muscles to be one yard long. If if just take "big steps," I have found that after treading the length of a football field, I will be within a yard of my 100th step.


I am pretty sure that my course is within ten yards definitely, of a quarter mile. The fact that I ran in at an 8:20 per mile pace yesterday, at 2:06.96 also tells me that I am not far off, and the cities infrastructure i.e. how many yards apart street blocks and lots of real estate, etc. are also offer me clues for measuring my course. If 2 blocks register as 196 yards after me pacing it off, then it is a good bet that I can round the figure to 200 yards, because why would planners cordon off 196 yard blocks of turf when 200 would be so much easier to work with; come tax time. But, then again this is New Orleans and they may have been using a "Louisiana Territory Block Unit, (BTBU)" back then, which happened to be 196 yards long.


I go to run now; the following text will be from after I return with something to eat from the Ideal Market, and with an energy drink coursing through my veins and preparing to go into the Quarter, utilizing the 24 hour pass.


You've just read: 296 words.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking as someone who was purpose-designed to be an artist, your "cat wrecking things" images are pure gold. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.