Monday, September 18, 2017

Travis Trashing Tuesday

I'm at the Uxi Duxi, kind of waiting for Travis to show up to give me 20 bucks.
It's funny how he will text me every 10 minutes when he needs me to come and unlock the door, so he can occupy my place while I'm out busking, but now a whole hour and a half has gone by without any message from him. He said he was going to go out this (Monday) morning, after having staying in the apartment 24/7 for the last 3 days.
This was mental illness level isolation, if you ask me.
Travis is determined to make a good impression upon his new landlady by not just giving her the security deposit and half of the rent up front, as she had asked for -he wants to give her the full amount of rent, plus the deposit.
He feels that he can do this, if he makes 6 trips to the plasma donation place, which will net him over $300, and if he spends enough time working online before the end of the month.
And, oh yeah; if he manages to use me and my place as a means for him to live for less than 5 dollars per day til the end of the month.
This involves him being there, 24/7, talking the whole time if I'm there, and smoking at least 40 bucks worth of weed in the past week, during which he has given me no money, and has bummed a couple cigarettes and has been dipping into my instant coffee.
The ventilation is not good enough at Sacred Heart apartments to have a guy and a cat there around the clock, breathing the air, who refuses to crack the door open for even a minute.
So, have I talked to him?
He promises to give me another 50 bucks off his food stamp card, when he gets back from New York, on THE 10TH OF OCTOBER!
He said he would come up to the Uxi Duxi and give me 20 bucks today. He doesn't seem to be in any hurry. I have just spent my last cent here. I didn't get out to busk until almost midnight (and had gone out just to be alone with my thoughts for a time) and I only made a buck, before I had to return to the apartment, enter its stuffy environment, and then feel like I was disturbing his sleep as I made myself something to eat out of the dwindling food supply which hasn't been replenished for a couple weeks now.
But, he is going to make a good impression on Dorise by giving her the full rent amount plus the security deposit, plus pay for his trip to New York (to attend some conference that happens only once per year, but gives him a chance to make some money) while tossing me 20 bucks, whenever he shows up here.
He told me that tomorrow should be a good day for me because, along with the 20 that he is going to give me, I'm going to sell plasma for another 15 bucks (wow!) and then am going to go out, weak from being drained of blood plasma that notoriously slow night and busk.
Since I'm going to sell my vital fluids and then work my ass off, I should be in good shape money-wise and so I guess that takes some pressure off him as far as feeling that he should throw me some money.
His cat, which stays in 24/7 with him, and that is forced to eat the cheapest available dry cat food, of course soils his litter box, 24/7, contributing to the overall unhealthiness of the environment. It's easy to walk in and feel assaulted by the over-breathed air, redolent of cat shit, but, I suppose he becomes acclimated to it and doesn't smell anything at all.
I guess it's my job to empty and replace the cat litter in the box, just as it's my job to clean the kitchen daily.
One of the only things that Travis has done was to put the cover back on the air conditioner that I had removed so I could get at the valve to silence it so I could record music.
He did this because there was a notice put under the door about the building management people coming through to do a pre-inspection inspection. It was almost as if he was afraid that if my room didn't pass, it might inconvenience him if I got kicked out; so he made the effort, without consulting me, to put the cover back on the thing.
He also lectured me on getting rid of the pot plants that aren't even recognizable as such.
Their leaves are all withered because each one of them, along with the rest of my plants, has been pushed off the windowsill by his cat and have never recovered. When it somehow knocked the biggest pot off a desk by my bed, it took a lamp with it, breaking the bulb, with a ton of dirt winding up covering my old laptop, which I guess I have one more reason now to just throw away, rather than maybe someday fixing it back up; now it's full of dirt.
I came home to discover the huge pot laying on its side on the carpet and the laptop; and then had to change the bulb so I could see to clean up the mess. Apparently the crash never woke Travis up in the other room. I doubt he would have raised a finger to clean it up, had he discovered it, unless it would be to minimize the likelihood of my kicking him out over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.