Sunday, September 17, 2017

Commodities Trading

And So it came to pass that Saturday night, it was almost 11 PM when I walked past the Jesus shadow clock on Royal Street, on my way out to busk.
I would still need to grab a milk crate to sit on at the Quartermaster and then return to the Lilly Pad.
There were 3 people sitting on the stoop who looked like they were from the projects of New York, with especially the early 20's girl nearest where I sat down and began to set up, wearing canvas sneakers of the same kind that the S.W.V. girls were wearing on their first CD cover, which depicted them sitting at what looked like a construction site. There was a communique there suggesting that the girls, who started out singing in a church, were now hitting the workforce, ready to roll up their sleeves and sing.
I was really hoping that they were not local skeezers, on the stoop to skeeze, and would become territorial. There is more likely to be someone on the stoop when I show up later than 11 PM.
It worked out OK, and I made probably around 20 bucks in a couple hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.