Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Fact Checking

I've accomplished nothing the past day, I believe.
Accomplished nothing.

I woke this afternoon, around 3 PM, with enough time to make it to the plasma place in Gretna and get 25 bucks for 690ml of mine.

I woke up slightly sweating, under the purple "throw" that I had pulled rather than thrown over me after laying down on the couch

The couch is kind of too short for me and I wind up sleeping in some position, with either my head or feet too high, which can often torque my back into an angle that will make it sore when I wake up.

I think I do this intentionally, so that I won't actually sleep until I am so darned tired that I could just flop down in any position and doze off. This would, optimally be, after I had worked on my art so long and hard and gotten so much accomplished, that I had fallen into a deep sleep out of sheer exhaustion. But, being in not the most comfortable bed, I would be awake as soon as I had slept enough of it off, and be up and at 'em again, if only because I had to stand up and work the kinks out of my back, and had decided to gulp down a cup of coffee and stay up.

The slightly sweaty state that I was in was kind of a hybrid of being in the last stages of recovering from the chest cold that has been receding over the past week, slowed by cigarette smoking. I think I sweated the last of that out of me.

The recovery has also been hindered by the "mucous producing" (to quote Doctor Christopher) diet that I have been seduced into eating lately, after having discovered baking.

He didn't work on any of us; he stuffed his face with cake
and then went to sleep; the loser...
.
Unlike couch potatoes who might eat a dozen jelly doughnuts and call it dinner, leading them to become overweight, have high blood pressure, diabetes, dandruff, and in some rare cases, death; I use spelt flours made from spelt and flax seed, rice and whole wheat, rather than bleached wheat flour, substitute coconut oil for the "partially hydrogenated soybean oil," use cage free eggs and "all fruit" spread rather than "jelly," so that what I wind up eating is nothing like a dozen jelly doughnuts at all, and so I continue to be nothing like that couch potato; but...

I can notice a difference in the energy levels that I achieve on this diet, compared to the baked fish marinated in vinegar with steamed broccoli in olive oil, basil and garlic type of diet that had been my staple throughout at least the 20 years from the mid 1990's until recently. Of course, a bottle of red wine had always completed that scene.

The difference in energy level was illustrated, in a sense, by how little I had gotten accomplished yesterday. I hadn't even put new strings on the Takamine. Luckily, I still had a can of cat food left from my Monday trip to Gretna.

After eating what turned out to be a huge spelt and flax seed and raisin cake, made of wholesome ingredients, but slathered with butter and the jam that had sugar in it, rather than high fructose corn syrup, that I had gotten at Wal-Mart because it was cheap, I passed out in short order.

I hadn't recorded a short piece of music and then made a video out of it, using drawings that I had done as still photos while it plays, as had been my goal.

I sat up and had coffee at about 3 PM, thinking that I am going to have to live on a special diet like an athlete in training, in order to get my work done.

The Sum Will Come Up, Tomorrow
   
Because of the way the trolley and bus schedules are, though, I have found that, when I leave for the plasma place at 3 PM, I wind up "just" missing every conveyance in the chain along the way.

I don't actually give my first drop of plasma until 5:30 PM.

This usually has me out of there around 6 PM, or, in time to just miss the 6:19 PM, which I usually can see going by from a certain bridge about 300 yards short of the bus stop.
That is the distance that I would have to close by breaking into a jog as I left the plasma place.

But, weakened after being drained, I am never in the mood to break into that jog, just so I can catch the 6:10 PM, even though that is the last one that would get me to the Uxi Duxi before it closes at 8 PM. It would be a kratom motivated sprint.
A kratom motivated sprint...

I decided, after the cup of coffee at 3 PM, to just come to the Uxi Duxi, where I sit outside of now.

Just the amount of time that would be involved in making the plasma trip after embarking at 3 PM was enough to dissuade me.

It's 53 degrees out. A tad chilly to be sitting outside on this laptop, but warm enough to busk.

The plasma place opens bright and early tomorrow, though. I will have to borrow the buck and a half to get there if I don't busk.

If Bobby does get me the electric guitar and amplifier for Christmas, then I guess it will be incumbent upon me to use them to set up somewhere and play at a high volume. Maybe my finances will get a shot in the arm; and I won't have to worry as much...

I feel like a slacker for not having gone out to play all week; but am telling myself that nobody else has tried to grab my playing spot for the same reason, and that very few tourists would want to stop to listen to a song with jack-frost nipping at their noses. Although this latter part is up for debate; there are always people milling about who are from places like Canada who will not only stop to listen but will comment about how "great" this weather is, to them.

Well, I guess I will try again tonight to make a short video. There is no point in getting nothing accomplished because I'm sitting around feeling guilty because I didn't go out to busk....

I'm half tempted to start a water fast, having bought the prune juice to kick it off with already. I guess I would have to pick up some, er, water on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.