Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Prepare!

  • Debuting At Number 14...
  • Tuesday Night Off Not Very Productive
  • Another Tulip Hater Blossoms

I got a congratulatory notification from this website about "New Orleans Lifestyle Blogs" (a blog about blogs) informing me that this blog has been selected as one of the top 15 such sites. Of course the snide cynic is thinking: "How many are there, 15 in all?," coming in at number 14.

Somehow it was one of the first things that made my new and unfamiliar to me phone bling and blang and light up to give me that particular news.

It was asked that I post a link to that site here, which I will get to shortly. It would be a good addition to my busking specific site, to round things out with other aspects of the "lifestyle" here being referred to.

Of course, I'm already thinking in the back of my mind, that this is kind of prodding me towards making this blog more "general," but I suppose what I had for breakfast is part of my New Orleans Lifestyle...

Wednesday evening and the sun has just set, it is just around 8 PM.
I have moved to the outside of the Uxi Duxi, after having bought just a half shot of Yellow Borneo kratom, so that I could hang around the premises and use the wireless.

I still had plenty of the Royal Kratom kratom that I had gotten Monday night/ Tuesday morning at the Unique Grocery Store, so I had taken 9 capsules of it and then, after experiencing a burst of cleaning related energy and having swept and mopped and wiped down things a bit, had hopped on my bike and come to the Uxi Duxi.

I threw my Snowball microphone in my backpack, thinking of how there was still 2 hours of daylight left, and entertaining thoughts of sitting in City Park to shoot another in the series of so far ill-fated "City Park" videos.

Then, halfway to the Uxi, I remembered that I had concluded that recording the musical portion in the studio takes precedence over obtaining more footage of myself in the park. With the possible exception of footage of myself singing something so well that it would find its way onto the video as the "lead" voice.
But this also is fraught with the peril of my wavering in the beat of the song -I might sing the line well and then slow up almost imperceptibly in between a couple chords here and there; which would mean that the snare drum player would have to be a mind reader, in a sense, to know just when to "retard," or the song would have to be taken a few measures at a time and run through repeatedly so that the snare player gets a feel for how the next few beats are going to lag a bit and then come back into more strict time.

So, recording video in the park was out.

I need to obtain some kind of metronome. A metronome application on my smart phone might be the easiest way to go; perhaps I could download a free one.
Then, I could have the steady "tick-tick-tick" of it coming through earbuds as I sit in the park and could just play at will, adhering to the pulse, so that 127 additional voices could then be added to it in the studio, all using the same tempo as a guide.


I got an e-mail from a lady who is now married to a Russian guy, who, when a child was "almost" adopted by John J. Tulip.

She thinks I am the steward of a "Tulip Blog," having somehow found my story about him here.

So, she e-mailed The Tulip Blog with this interesting document.
of which the above is an excerpt.
Vintage Tulip; he denied ever committing the crime; and insists that his future lies in the rewarding field of day trading, for which he would need a computer with Internet access; and, oh yeah one that has no tracking software on it, because of all the money (but never nude pictures of teen aged boys) that is going to be transferred over it.
"How am I going to pursue happines and live my American Dream of becoming a day trader without a secure and private computer with no kind of monitoring software on it?!?"
I love the judge's rhetorical question of: "Why the hell are you trying to get into a business that requires Internet usage, when one of the stipulations of your release from jail is that you don't touch a computer with a 50 foot pole, Tulip??"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.