Sunday, July 15, 2018

E Commerce Sunday

Holy Sunday.
A truly magical thing happened yesterday evening when I fixed my laptop by pulling on the little piece of cellophane attached to what looks like the SIM chip that is found in a cellphone.
The thing had started having problems the first time I got it wet, and then had intermittent ones the following times that it got it a little damp.
And then would sometimes die for hours, before just coming to life in the middle of the night, while it sat there on the coffee table and I sat nearby, thinking about how I am going to replace my defective laptop.
Vexed again, I was last night, as I set it on the table and began to wait for it to mysteriously come to life after an hour, or maybe two, of just sitting there, like it had done in the past.
But, maybe this time it just won't come back to life, ever, I thought.

Well, there is that little chip in there, by the battery. I had seen it before, thinking that it probably does something similar to the SIM card that is in most cell phones.
But, this time, I grabbed the little clear plastic tab and pulled on it, just enough to make the chip move.
The laptop responded immediately by coming to life.
So, I guess it hadn't been the popping of the battery out and slamming it back in, with the optional waiting of 2 minutes before doing so, and it hadn't been the training a fan on the thing for a couple hours to "dry it out," or the plugging it in while holding the power button down or any of the other voodoo that had been what had fixed it in the past.

Harp And Strings On The Way, Finally

I was able to finally order the harmonica and the strings, to be here within 4 business days.

Last night, I had ridden my bike down to the dollar store to take cash off of the blood plasma card, paying $1.25 for the transaction, just so I could load it right back onto the American Express card that has worked for me in the past to buy things online. It is even recognized and "trusted," I guess, by Musician's Friend, for one, and the transactions go "right through."

I was still thwarted by the laptop being dead when I got back to the Uxi Duxi.
So, today, after having miraculously solved the power up problem, I was able to complete a transaction, finding a harmonica for $14.99 which I regularly pay $20 for on e-bay and sending off for it.

The ones that are ridiculously priced at around seven dollars, had the drawback of being deliverable within 27 days, rather than the 4 that I am now waiting.

It will be in the key of C.

Tomorrow I can go get another fifty bucks for my plasma. Then I will join the Freelance Writer's Den, for their special "7th Anniversary" price of seven bucks.

Things seem to be working in my favor in that regard. I will then start looking at bus tickets, with Savannah, Georgia being a first stop that I am becoming interested in.
Again, I came across a book written about a dozen or so locations in the world, with Savannah, Georgia being the one that I randomly flipped open to, as I was sitting on my bed and thinking about my upcoming trip to points north.

I would love to see my old friend, Larry, if he is still in St. Augustine, Florida, but the cops there would love to run my name to pull up the now ten year old warrants that are still on the books, for trespassing and urinating in public and open container violations, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.