Monday, September 10, 2018

The Most Boring Post To Date, Mostly About Sausages

A night off, for ammonia therapy...

I did leave the Uxi Duxi and then ride to the CVS in the quarter, where I put twenty bucks on the American Express card, but not before hitting the Rouses Market, looking for a deal on some kind of meat.

I am tiptoeing around the keto diet, and wound up buying some "hot" sausage. I had mustard in my fridge, after all.

But I violated the keto diet when I grabbed some whole wheat pita bread to go with the hot, greasy sausage and mustard. I did stuff some steamed broccoli in them.

I wound up having a hard time falling asleep because my mind was racing trying to remember the acronym for PETA. I knew the "ethical treatment of animals" part but couldn't remember if it is "people for the..." or what.

The point is that the diet wasn't working if I was up thinking about that, instead of dozing off. It wasn't important, and I could just Google it in the morning. It reminded me of how, if I start to look for something in the apartment and can't find it, I will put everything on hold and keep looking for it, perhaps making me an hour late for where I was headed. I could always tear the place apart the next day looking for it, but find that it has become an obsession. It cold be my invisible tape, or my scissors or anything else that isn't necessary at that particular moment. Like what PETA stands for.

Perhaps the addition of the pita bread was responsible for that.

I had gotten back to the apartment and felt like cleaning.

After throwing a load of laundry with ammonia in, I hit the hard wood floors with a mixture of vinegar, baking soda and ammonia.

And, that is where this most-boring-post-in-the-history-of-this-blog ends...

I thought about how some people might not get enough nitrogen and hydrogen from the air they breath and how ammonia vapors might be their key to health, but the medical community just hasn't discovered that yet. They were late in determining the benefits of fiber and shark cartiledge.


6 comments:

  1. I honestly don't understand how anyone can eat meat without bread and/or potatoes.

    Mmm, sausage...

    I used to get these most delicious rice and liver sausages out of Louisiana. Then one day they disappeared from the freezer case at the grocery store. I kept checking, week after week but they never got 'em back in. Gone forever (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole idea of the keto diet is instead of eating your meat with potatoes and bread, you eat them with vegetables. Which explains why the diet is so rarely properly practiced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed years of vibrant health...
    I would fold up aluminum foil, pour olive oil in it; place a piece of whiting or grouper on it, add apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, maybe basil and oregano plus hot sauce then place it on a grate over the glowing embers of a red oak or hickory or walnut wood fire, then put a grill lid over it so to trap the hot air which would cook/smoke it. On the side, I would have broccoli, mushrooms garlic onions et. al. in another tin, off to the side, and that would be my nightly meal, washed down with one bottle, never more, of red wine. In the morning, I would have an energy drink, which turned out to be a dose of high fructose corn syrup, my one sin, perhaps; but I was healthy for a long time. The sausage probably disappeared because the pig farmer, way out in the bayou, who they bought them from died, and took his sausage recipe with him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, you're making me hungry with that fish and veggie bake, Daniel!

    Rockstar original flavor and Red bull don't use corn syrup (invert sugars), only sucrose and/or glucose. I just hate the way corn syrup hangs in the mouth. All the other Rockstar flavors and most other energy drinks not only have corn syrup or fructose, but also include 'sucralose', a vile fake sweetener. Yeah, I got hooked on energy drinks myself many years ago.
    A coupla tokes, a quality cigarette and a tall Rockstar is all it takes to make me feel like a rich man, ha ha!

    The whole idea of keto is to trick your body into a state of pseudo-ketosis by denying it complex carbohydrates. Ketosis is what your body does in times of starvation! It burns stores of fat instead of it's natural fuel, glucose.
    I'm guessing the reason why some people seem to feel more energy (at first) on a keto diet is because your adrenals are giving you extra squirts of adrenalin to keep you alive, like it would during a traumatic, life threatening accident.

    Body: " You're dying, dude, we're starving down here!"
    Brain: "Naw, I feel great and I'm losing weight! ( nom nom, more bacon 'n steak!)

    My opinion is, it's always a bad idea to fuck with the bodys natural systems.

    Always eat your veggies


    RIP, Cajun liver sausage man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogger fucking trashed my post. Read up on the keto diet and follow it my man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Craigs your "theories" about keto are as fucked up at Daniel's screwy diets.

    www.reddit.com/r/keto if Blogger doesn't fucking shitcan this post also. In the meantime, anyone reading this: Don't listen to these two fucktards, go to the link.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.