Thursday, October 25, 2018

A Beautiful Night For Busking

  • A Parcel From London
  • Cooler Temperatures
I left a bit before 6 PM, trying to catch one of the buses across the river that would get me there in time to sell plasma for the $40 that I am in line to get.

The 114 went by with its "to station" sign lit, leaving the 115 as my last hope.

I caught a glimpse of it, and gave chase on my bike, pretty much keeping up with it, as it had to stop for a red light.

I had caught up with it by the time we got to the Greyhound station and I'm sure the driver saw me headed towards that stop. But as soon as the light he was at changed, the bus lurched forward as if he had floored the pedal, and he flew down the little lane leading to the stop in front of the Greyhound faster than I had ever seen that bus do, the forty or so times that I have taken it.

Still, he had to stop at the stop, not because someone was waiting, but because he had to wait for traffic. This allowed me to reach the front of the bus, where I saw one slot available for my bike. Then I watched the bus drive off with the driver yelling "Next one!," loud enough for me to hear, but especially aimed at drawing a cheer and laughter from the all black load of passengers.
"Call Donald Trump, he'll give you a ride!, type of thing.

 Thank You, Lidgeleys

A parcel arrived from London Tuesday.

I got a call from the security lady at the front desk just before she was about to leave for the day, informing me that I had a package at the front desk. She did this to cover her ass in case the parcel came up missing. The night shift could steal it, but it was present and accounted for when she went home at 4 PM.


There was a nice letter in the box, bringing me current with all things Lidgley and assuring me that this one is not to be confused with "the Christmas one," which is forthcoming.

How I caught lightning in a bottle the day Alyne Lidgley encountered me busking in St. Augustine, almost ten years ago, now...

The gods conspired to have me, I guess, sitting the right way, playing the right song ("While My Guitar Gently Weeps (?)) and in the right situation to have led Alyne to decide to that I was worthy of a parcel or three each year.

The parcel was filled with a pure light which worked the same way as the light that engulfed John Travolta's character in the movie "Phenomenon." It infused me with super human intelligence and the ability to memorize all the volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica in one sitting, type of thing.

There was also some excellent instant coffee, some delicious "Belgian" chocolate, a Starbucks gift card, and I feel like I am bragging now, but there was some underwear too. Underwear for the super-intelligent.

And a couple packs of Benson and Hedges cigarettes.

I had just smoked my last cigarette when the security lady called...

Thursday Night

After the bus took off on me I did not call the station and tell them that the driver of the 115 is a piece of shit and that I was going to wait for him at an isolated spot in Gretna in the middle of the night and blow his head off with my shotgun as soon as he stops. This is what I felt like doing.

Then I thought about the valuable opportunity that I had to do some self examination. "Why does it piss me off so much when the bus drivers do that?"
I thought that the driver must be a pretty miserable racist, to be doing that. He is suffering enough because of that.
Then I thought about "blessings in disguise" and that I might have an awesome night in store for me which would never have been possible had the driver stopped for me. How pissed would he be if he knew he facilitated that.

I think it's important to figure out why the things that are one's "pet peeves" are so.

In the case of my becoming angry when skeezers try to skeeze me for cigarettes, I really think that is because I am mad at myself for being addicted to the things and trying to take it out on someone else..."Yeah, I'm going around passing my cigarettes out to everyone I meet today, you're in luck...beat it, skeezer!" type of thing...
So, tomorrow, I can go and get the $40 for my plasma, and I'm now glad that I didn't call the bus station and threaten to kill the guy.

I can go out and play tonight. I rode past the Lilly Pad at around 7 PM and there were a lot of tourists out. It is forecast to be much cooler the next few days, leading up to Halloween.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.