Friday, January 25, 2019

The Search For A New Uxi Duxi

It might have been someone connected to the Uxi Duxi who left the nasty comment the other day...
He or she probably came back here to see if I had deleted it.
Or to see if any of the forty or so regular readers that I have, had become shocked by the comment, and had responded; perhaps by saying they will never come here again...
 
The person probably ran my name through a background checking service of some kind.
The owner of the Uxi Duxi might have done that after I applied for a job there. This was before I realized that they would never hire a Cisgender straight white male. They are all about diversity; translated as "everyone but white."

A fun place to hang out turns un-fun

Whomever it was seemed to have the charges on the two felonies that I was arrested for, with the other one having been for fraud, for using the Virginia drivers license of a dear departed friend of mine, another felony that was reduced to a "slap on the wrist" after it came to light that I was using the license only, besides driving around, to keep a job delivering pizza, as my regular "Daniel" license had accumulated more "points" for moving violations than allowed by Dominos Pizza, where I was doing alright delivering to millionaires in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.

Living In Your Car, For Dummies

 At the time, I lived in my car.

When I wasn't delivering pizza in it, it was parked in some secluded and dark location with its passenger seat slid forward, its back rocked forward against the glove box and with a gym bag full of clothes stuffed into the foot well of the back seat which was also flattened to open the trunk, with me fully stretched out upon an air mattress, so that my fingertips were touching the glove box, and my feet were right by the rear left tail light,  having sweet dreams of how I would like to spend all that pizza delivery money that I didn't have to hand to some fat landlord.

One of my favorite sleeping spot ideas was to park my Saturn at a car dealership, right in line with all the other used cars for sale, and with a big flap with a decent price on it in the windshield to block out light. That was usually good only until six in the morning; some car dealers start their day pretty early.

So, when you live in your car, you are on the road a lot. So much so that the Dominos Pizza limit on points for moving violations really needs to be flexible enough to allow for drivers who also live in their cars.

I had just made the adjustment for them, and was putting myself on the road with the squeaky clean license that only a dead man could manage in Jacksonville, Florida, where the cops will pull you over if you merely linger a second or two at a light after it changes green. "Just making sure you are alright," type of thing.

But, it was fraud and a felony. So, is that why they didn't hire me at Uxi Duxi?
No; it was because the Uxi is a vanity business that only hires, promotes and supports the LGBT, or whatever the initials are, community....

So, I think that the comment came from someone connected with Uxi.

The emphasis placed upon me "going around acting like you are this starving artist so that people give you things" was a huge clue to the likely source of it.

This has a "present tense" sound to it like it was made by someone who sees me regularly.

And, one night Addie had asked me questions about my living arrangements, starting with "How long were you homeless?" after I had answered her first question of "Are you homeless?"

I think she thought that I was a totally useless homeless person who was only in the Uxi Duxi because of Jacob, a friend whom she has seen paying for my kratom shot, when I wasn't plunking down the four dollars and thirty eight cents out of my own pocket.

When I was in there for what would turn out to be the last time, ever, eternally, forever, I had told Chloe that I needed to wait for Jacob to arrive because he was going to pay for my shot, I saw a visible reaction in her, like a chill went through her of some sort. She clammed up. She became mum in a way that impeded the flow of the conversation for just a second; but it was long enough for me to have gleaned that other people paying for my shots was an issue of some sort.

Maybe the subject had come up at the Uxi meeting about bums trying to panhandle Uxi customers and what should the barista do, tell the bum to go away and to not ever skeeze people who are sitting at the clearly marked "Uxi customers only," all others will be towed, tables?

And, so, I think I offended on two fronts; having another customer pay for my kratom, and having said "We need to build that wall," which caused Addie, who was mopping the floor and who had been chatting with me to turn angry and almost yell: "What does building the wall have to do with educating kids?!?"

Am I a Trump supporter?
There's just an un-real-ness to the whole thing...

It's hard to teach kids who are coming to school hungry. Maybe they are hungry because their dad is laid off because an undocumented immigrant is doing his job for actually more money than the guy was taking home (after taxes) because the employer is not liable for Workman's Comp and doesn't have to worry about a morass of paperwork involving the IRS and is happy to just fork over good old cash at the end of every day or week.
Of course if the undocumented worker does fall off the roof, then he will be whisked away in an ambulance and given some of the finest emergency care in the world, at the expense of a taxpayer already burdened with paying unemployment benefits to the kid's dad -remember him?

The U.S. currency that the worker makes will be sent to perhaps Mexico, or somewhere else where it will be worth multiple times the local money -just throw a dart at a map of the world; or wait another couple years before you throw the dart, then it might be a can't miss situation- so that it, unfortunately, won't be circulating in the domestic economy.

That will mean less hiring ultimately, with less money going around, so the kid's dad or mom might not be able to find a job in the interim while he waits for an opportunity to utilize his trade. This might be a long wait because the undocumented workers have a knack for monopolizing a job site, making it so there winds up being a whole crew of them, with not one U.S. citizen on-site.

But, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

If we were to pull our military out of Afghanistan and Syria, then the money that could stay in our country could buy and sell the unemployment benefits program a hundred times over.

But, aren't there a lot of billionaires who have gotten and who continue to get rich through our country's "war effort?" It would take a real a**hole of a president to want to kill that cash cow and piss off all those billionaires and get on the wrong side of Boeing and Northrop Grumman etc.
Even if that money could do great things if kept on our side of the fence. Er, speaking metaphorically, of course, hee hee. 
So, I'm not sure if I am a Trump supported, he seems to be turning into an asshole.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that makes sense! That someone at the Uxi, not me although you thought it was me like the paranoid right-winger you are, and not Mr Flowers or whatever his name is, but some bored kid type person working at the Uxi decided to do a background check and mess with you as a passive-aggressive way to get rid of you.

    That actually kind of makes sense. Mr Tulip or Carnation or whoever he is, is probably too busy with his own life, and so am I.

    Remember when Rush Limbaugh was first big, and there were what were called "rush rooms"? It was places that would play the Rush Limbaugh show, and a right-wing redneck could go in there and grunt "ditto" to their wizened little heart's desire, in the company of other types who are against communism, "nigras", and anyone or anything to the left of Richard Nixon.

    What you need to do is find such a place, maybe not a bar per se, maybe it'll be a sandwich and coffee place, that caters to the "white is right" crowd and then as long as you make the right noises about Trump being one of God's own little gold-plated turdlets, they'll let you hang out indefinitely. You seem to know a bit about computers too, so you might do a little free computer help here and there and that will make you welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alex Dude, you were the first one I ruled out as having left the comment; I think you misunderstood that post...
    Your style would probably be to just stop reading the blog..
    Not if Tulip came across the Tulip Story that is in my sidebar but which could be gotten to Googling "John J. Tulip" something a released "sex offender" might be goaded by curiosity into doing, just to see what the neighbors with smartphones really probably think of him, type of thing...
    Really, what I know about politics is like what I know about pro football, I'm right about 51% of the time...
    I am just noting the amount of substance that comprises the Trump haters rants.
    From venerable ol' Vilma, the late fifties black lady that works at the Quartermaster whose gripe with the president consists of: "All I know is that he's against us!"
    To Lilly, who would probably bar me from the playing spot if SHE thought I was a Make America Great Again-ian, who had fomented a dislike for the guy years ago when she lived in Manhattan, over the way he treated one of his wives, something that may actually have come to light through a media outlet such as The New York Post.
    And then, there is a more sensible critically thinking millenial, Erin, who was very agitated a couple months ago now, after some deal had been brokered to sell a huge expanse of "the rain forest" to some interest that was most likely going to frack the whole shebang and the world would lose the oxygen production that comes out of it, along with the extremely exotic life that can only be found way out in it, clinging to a tree and using a leaf as an umbrella perhaps, but on the endangered species list none the less.
    I am not sure if Erin was directing her wrath at the president over that impending doom for Mankind, but if so, and if factual, then sure, that would be a bad move...er, unless within the next 50 years we develop plants that produce and release oxygen into the atmosphere and even keep it at the same level, and if a specimen of every plant and species of animal can be gathered onto a Noah's Ark of sorts and...well, that's where it gets far fetched...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well in any case, to anyone what a right-wing solipsistic asshole, Trump is bad news so it's best to keep your admiration for the guy under a lid.

    And, find out what bars or coffee shops used to be "Rush Rooms" back in the day, and go to one of those, so you won't have to worry so much about hiding your politics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. triad takeout greensboro nc At Moe's we believe that life is better with pizza. We are a fast-casual restaurant serving handcrafted pizzas, fresh salads, and decadent desserts. Order online for carryout or delivery today!

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.