Thursday, January 24, 2019

The Ux Of The Matter

  • 13 Dollar Tuesday
  • And, Furthermore... about being “banned” from the Uxi Duxi...

I played for an hour and made the above amount, replacing half of what I had spent during the day.

The Uxi Matter Doesn't, Really

I had a feeling from the very beginning -soon after the Uxi Duxi opened- now that I think of it, that I was on borrowed time there.
I wasn't gay, for one thing.
It turns out that the place is very much a vanity business, an extension of the ego of one Dennis something who goes by the pseudonym Den-A.
When Den-A told them they were to bar me then it became "by popular consensus," I figure.

I guess the staff there really are at his beck and call, perhaps because they are tidbits that Den-A picked up and dusted off and "gave a start to."

This intelligence came to me after I had applied for a job there, with the summary dismissal of my application seeming to come from somewhere on the second floor of the place, where Den-A lives and where Nathaniel either does or did at one time.

From where it seemed Den-A had led the latter out from before unleashing him to walk over to me and bar me.

If Den-A was trying to add injury to insult by having Nathaniel add that it was by "popular consensus" that I was being asked to leave, then he failed, as all that did was inform me that the decision to bar me came from him alone. Well, him and Addie, the new manager who seems to have issues pertaining to being taken advantage of.

Why else would all the other members of the supposed consensus have been in the dark about the banishment?

This may have been said so that I wouldn't go there when someone other than Addie was working. Don't even try it, none of them want you here, type of thing. But all it did was tip Den-A's hand and inform me that there is only one person behind the thing.

A really friendly person...

Only a person with a huge ego and an external frame of reference would think that it would be hurtful to tell a person basically that "everyone hates you."

I guess that is what would hurt the person with the ego.



This puts that worthy back near the top of the list of possible authors of the defamatory comment left on this blog about a month ago.

He offered my "guitar buddy," Jacob a hundred bucks if he could cut his hair to a specific length of "number 3," whatever that is.

This turned into a skin crawling occasion for Jacob who wound up having to firmly rebuff the homosexual advances of the high potentate of the Uxi Duxi.

Den-A with, it turns out,
one of his puppets, Nathaniel

I had discovered early on that the place was going to be very much anti-skeezer.

It seemed like a vanity business opened up by Den-A, the owner.


Unlike Starbucks, which seems to have in place the humanitarian (for lack of a better word) policy of allowing anyone to breath the air without having to buy something and which happens to be a place where you have to keep close tabs on your belongings, the Uxi Duxi was always pretty jealous of its space, having stenciled warnings upon the often unoccupied tables that sit in front, and never having let 3 minutes elapse between a person entering and that person being asked if they are going to buy something.



My guess is that I am also being scapegoated as the reason why the business might be slowly going belly up.

Just as messengers used to be slain when they brought bad news, customers who spend the least might make convenient targets for getting out frustrations over not making ends meet.

Addie may have seen me as being a living taunt to her over her failure to increase sales. Rather than blame herself and the vibe she emits for having driven off most of the regular customers who used to hang out in the evenings; it might be easier to point at a guy who spends only four dollars a day in the place and blame me for the slumping sales.

There is nothing that you can get at Uxi Duxi that cannot be gotten cheaper online. It is only the atmosphere that would make anyone want to hang out there. Even the music that Addie plays over the sound system is not up to snuff. I don't think she likes music.

1 comment:

  1. You could find another coffee shop ... I know, how about a black-owned one that's active in black politics and so on ... that'd be perfect for you to hang out for hours in w/o buying anything and blurting the occasional bit of pro-Trump drivel.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.