Saturday, February 2, 2019

Woke Up, Got Out Of Bed...

Bike Stolen
Only An 11 Dollar Friday Night -tourists seeming to be moving in large, penniless masses.


Here it is about 4 days gone by without a blog post here.

The barring from Uxi Duxi has apparently had this consequence.

But, in a broader scope, it has been due to procrastination; sitting in my room having one more coffee, one more cigarette, one more toke off a joint...trying to get some enjoyment out of life before going out to face the uncertainty of a night of busking.

Shown, the bike which was stolen previous to the yellow one
The idea of getting a quick blog post done in the computer room before going out to play had been lurking in my mind the past few days, but I have been working on a lot of music which isn't quite ready to be featured here, in lieu of doing any writing.

Plus, I have ideas about things to write about which are grander than the every day stuff like:

Bike Stolen
The yellow cruiser bike was stolen after I had left it for about an hour inside the fence which encloses the parking lot at Sacred Heart.

This almost points to one of the residents as being the thief, or having been "in" on it.

I was thinking that, since it was the second day of the month, and ninety percent of the inhabitants at Sacred Heart would have, just the day before,gotten their monthly checks for 748 dollars, that I could turn my back on my bike.

There must have been some that started smoking crack on credit a few days before the checks came in.
"You know I'm good for the money, unless the government defaults, and you know that ain't gonna happen." type of thing.

That poor soul must have been bilked out of his whole check, through some "I'll give you a twenty dollar rock right now; you pay me back thirty when you get your check" style of program.

After getting his check and then turning it all over to the dopeman at the ATM machine up the street, where the dopeman most likely followed he and others to, he must have really felt awful. So bad that he could imagine that only a nice big hit of crack could help matters. It might have been in this frame of mind that he was in when he saw my bike sitting there.

He probably had acquired a key card to open the gate, intended only for the use of automobile owners, but obtainable by others through the Sacred black Heart market, to coin a term...and so, there goes the yellow bike.

Of course this put to the test the recent skills I have acquired through the self help dialogues and the Eckhart Tolle books.
I did pretty well and only occasionally had to let go of thoughts like making a scapegoat of, say, White Cloud or maybe Jackie in A 108 -anyone who looks guilty and suspicious- maybe strangling them in their apartments after knocking on their doors asking for a cup of flour, to send a message to whomever did it, type of thing.

But Bobby in building C bought me a new phone today after he had failed to reach me because my current phone didn't charge because it sometimes doesn't. This had been enough of a peeve for Bobby to pay for a new LG3 phone for me.

My first text to Jacob induced the response from him that his guardian Bob has a few bikes on his property, some of which might just need air in their tires, and so...how could I have been even slightly down after having the bike that was given to me freely by Dorothy, a caseworker at Sacred Heart, stolen.
It seems like I have acquired a new phone and new bike without having even made an effort.
I will have to take the streetcar one time tonight, at least, and then will have to walk a mile to get to Howard Westra's house to watch the Superbowl.
I always try to show up there whenever the New England Patriots are being televised, and the Superbowl is no exception.

A Prediction; posted well in advance of the game...
Patriots 29
Rams 22

2 comments:

  1. Well, it's to be expected that your fellow bums are going to take any bikes left unlocked. That's why it's good to know people who somehow acquire extra bikes, so you can pick one up cheap.

    There's supposed to be a major bike chop-shop up on "Component" street not far from here and I could probably make some good money buying and selling bikes but I don't want to touch even possibly stolen bikes with a 10-foot pole.

    So, bikes come and bikes go ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live with skeezers, what can I say?
    Usually, on the 2nd day of a given month, they are in a crack frenzy, dropping whole cigarettes on the ground "I got over seven hundred bucks, I'll just light me up another one..." and not asking me for a dollar or a cigarette of my own....
    I would guess that the skeezers a couple apartments down from me were serving "lookout" as they were standing in the open doorway of their place for no apparent reason than to sweat profusely and dart their eyes around...

    At one very basic level, it was demonstrated that you can't turn your back on anything in the building that I call home any more than you could in the Quarter...that's what might ultimately suck more than having to take the street car for a while...

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.