Wednesday, March 6, 2019

A Time To Reap

  • Soundcloud And The Damned Autoplay
  • 45 Dollar Monday
  • Bobby Acting Crazy As A Loon

I was playing pretty well but definitely feeling the effects of the cold, as one point having to shift the position of the pick in my fingers to better utilize the gripping muscles that might have been compromised by the temperature in the low 40's.

I played about 80 minutes for the 45 bucks that I made on the strength of one 20 dollar bill from a person. I was fishing for the deadhead tips by playing a dead song; that might have been where that bill came from.

There is no doubt that, should I ever desire to get a "job" I need look no further than investing in equipment and then taking my place alongside the rest of the Royal Street musicians and playing, say, 28 hours a week should I be thinking more one the lines of a part time job, or 40 hours a week like Tanya Huang, if I want to consider myself employed "full time."

A key to that will be taking a suggestion from Craig Nelson, blog reader, and putting together a "set" of music, one that will include a set list of songs, to be performed in order and that will insure that I am out there for however long it takes to run through the set.

If I were to leave before doing all my songs, then that would be blatant slothfulness that I might never lower myself to. So, I might be able to achieve the 30 hour per week goal that way. I just use the opposite side of the brain from the one that stores a list of all the songs that I know how to play but haven't been able to bring to mind in the heat of battle.

So, one goal on this week after Mardi Gras has ended, is to compile that list from A to Z.

I am not sure if the auto play "feature" can be turned off when embedding Soundcloud's player in a blog. I am not always in the mood to hear The Carcass Song blasting out of my speakers whenever I go to my blog, and I might have to resort to taking the extra time to post songs on Youtube and then throw up a still picture or two to meet the requirement that they be "videos."

My next project will be to put the best possible guitar parts that I can to the songs that I posted last week and then send those and the vocal to Jacob, who can use his synthesizer to add bass and drums to them.

At some point they will migrate to the sidebar of the blog to serve as a portfolio of sorts.

A guy who had the same name as myself of Daniel, came up and asked me if I would be interested in writing music for a film production of some sort.

That's about all at 3:16 AM, Wednesday. I guess I will listen to some music. If not the Mass in B minor by Bach again, then maybe I'll check out some Edgar VĂ©rese.

In other news: Bobby in building C is acting crazy as a loon. I suspect he has been going through intense withdrawals from Gabapentin.


1 comment:

  1. Gabapentin is some heavy duty stuff. Going cold turkey off of it is NOT recommended. He should see about getting some Librium to taper off on, or in a pinch, he can use alcohol to keep the worst of the symptoms at bay, but taper off of either the Librium or the alcohol over say a 2-week taper.

    As for a "job" yes, even where I am, if a busker puts in the hours, they'll get paid just like they have a job. It's a matter of sheer endurance; a marathon not a sprint.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.